Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Felt a little Chimichurri tonite...

Options
Austin Smoker
Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The wife said she was jonesin' for some steak, but I was feeling like more than just a nice hunk o' meat.

Skirt steak, trimmed and seasoned simply with salt/pepper and marinated for 8 hours in my favorite Chimichurri recipe - simple Flat Leaf Parsley, Cilantro, garlic, red pepper flakes, S&P, red onion, red wine vinegar and EVOO in the food processor for a few blasts:

DSC_0303.jpg

Gotta save some of that sauce for post cook too.

Also caught a great deal on some pretty 16-20 Gulf Shrimp....so I had to help out those fishermen on the coast and grabbed a pound. Marinated them in EVOO, garlic, cilantro, fresh pears, sugar and some habenero - marinated for an hour:
DSC_0304.jpg

Had done a cleaning fire last night, so the egg was easy to get up to searing temps quickly....spider and cast iron grid in place, check!
DSC_0305.jpg

Skirts First -
DSC_0307.jpg

About 3 minutes per side, closed the bottom vent and put a standard grid at ring height, added the shrimp...shortly followed by some foccacia:
DSC_0308.jpg

Plated and ready to go....the additional chimichurri adds a great fresh profile to the steak.
DSC_0309.jpg

Everyone is stuffed.....but we have a King Cake for dessert waiting!

Comments