Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

img tutorial

Options
bees
bees Posts: 335
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Somewhere I saw a good step by step img tutorial, can some one re-direct me to the post please. Thanks Randy

Comments

• bees
    Options
    Thanks but I was sure I saw one for IMG with the same type of screen tutorial. Randy
  • Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    Hi
    When posting photo here.
    Go to where your photo is hosted

Right click on http:// URL (top of screen) for your photo and copy

Go to your BGE Forum post

Click IMG on top right

Right click and paste the URL you copied

Click Img again

Then click Preview Below to make sure your photo posted correctly.

Hope this helps
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    I use flicker and here is what I have learned. In flicker you need to click on HTML/BB. The drop down box will give you something that looks like this:

;

out of that you need this:
    img src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5140/5497940671_17874568b5.jpg

and change to read:
    [open bracket img size=499]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5140/5497940671_17874568b5.jpg[/img close bracket] (don't type open/closed bracket use symbol...only use for the example)

5497940671_17874568b5.jpg
    That has worked for me using flicker, whereas the img button doesn't.

I have not perfected posting from photobucket yet. I have photobucket as an app on my iphone and the photo can be directly uploaded, but I haven't figured out how to post directly from the upload.

Hope this helps
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • boston_stoker
    Options
    Try this...

imgur.com is a great alternative to PhotoBucket. I think it is much faster and easier to use as well. Since PhotoBucket changed their website design and the previous post that showed PhotoBucket directions with pictures is now a little less valid, I thought I would post new directions for a new website. Hopefully, they are easy to understand. The website is extremely simple.

If you just want to be able to easily share pictures, you don't have to create an account. An account let's you use more advanced features like albums etc., and it also allows you to easily keep track of where your pictures are. I do not use an account because I do not plan to reference these pictures again after I have posted them. I use this strictly to post to message boards etc.

If you want an iPhone app for imgur, there is one just do a search in the app store.

The directions I have posted below are for the no account option, but they are still valid if you decide to create an account. I just don't discuss creating one and how to sign in. The directions are in red below.

Step1

12yGE.jpg

Step 2

3gfWf.jpg

Step 3

dgKkr.jpg

Step 4 - just wait for this to complete

fc5HO.jpg

Step 5 - once uploaded this is what you will see

A1TcM.jpg

Step 6 - this is optional

X4M1W.jpg

Step 7

wY1tM.jpg

Step 8

wwftB.jpg

Note, you can change the size of your images by editing the tag or link. Normally the tag would start with IMG, but so you can read it I had to add the red P. I normally make the size equal to "499" (the number in blue). You can set it from 10 to 999. If your pictures look small, try increasing the size.

[imPg size=499]http://i.imgur.com/12yGE.jpg[/img]

Remember, instead of typing imPg like I have below you want to instead type img (i.e. without out the capital red P).
  • bees
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the help. Randy