Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT - Potomac, MD area BBQ joints?

ForniaFornia Posts: 451
edited 1:28PM in EggHead Forum
Here in Potomac, MD on some business.

Was wondering if anyone had any good bbq places to recommend?

In all honesty, I don't have a ton of time to drive/enjoy, but figured I'd ask in case something is around me that I didn't see on the internet (some of those are 'outta business'.

Any and all help greatly appreciate! And if not, they've got Chipotle down here. :whistle:
·

Comments

• WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Potomac is a pretty upitty city in this area, and I'm not familiar with what they have to offer...contact Max if anyone would know it would be him..
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,339
    As Wess says, Potomac is a very upscale area, and good BBQ is further from the city.

Plenty of good food there...maybe not BBQ though. There's a place in Gainesville, VA...maybe 45 minutes from Potomac opening up friday-sunday starting this weekend. The real deal, and right near the battlefield of Bull Run.

reddysbbqco.com

Travel safe.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
    Is that someone we know Chris? the bbq place I mean
    ·
    I met him last year. He had a smaller place...like roadside. He always came in buying bulk rub and got to know him pretty well. One of those people who would do anything for you. His whole family has been involved in opening this new place, and it's what you think about when you think about BBQ. Cozy, nuthin fancy, don't be in a rush kinda place. He's doin' it right and you can sense his excitement.

Already got him wanting an Egg ;-)

Howdy to Sally.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    ·
    Very cool indeed..sounds like a great business plan.
    ·
  • SmkyJSmkyJ Posts: 17
    couldnt help but notice your "came in and buy rub in bulk"
    I am in the DC area, do you have some sort of bbq specialty store? What do you peddle? im always looking for new sources of rub and quality meat.
    jeff
    ·
  • ForniaFornia Posts: 451
    Thanks Wess and Chris!

Ended up at Urban BBQ Company, in Rockville. Very cool, hip little spot, with a line 10 deep the whole time (good sign of course).

Would suggest it for anyone in the area.

P.S. I'll say this area is upscale. When riding to my hotel, I had trouble finding a home without a 5-car garage.
    ·
  • ResQueResQue Posts: 1,045
    Have you ever heard of Dizzy Pig? Chris is the owner.
    http://dizzypigbbq.com/
    ·
    Howdy Jeff. Where abouts in the DC area? As Aaron mentioned, we make rubs...now in our new place in Manassas. Feel free to swing by any time. Hopefully by sometime next month our bbq specialty store will be opening, and we'll carry our favorite cooker, the Egg.
    Cheers!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    ·