Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New guy

meat03man
meat03man Posts: 83
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well i am new to the site and new to the egg in general, i am a bbq cook for a few years now at a restaraunt and in an old fridge in my back yard. Finally convinced the wife to let me splurge on an egg, (also debated on the primo xl) but want either a large or xl egg. Had a couple priced to me new at 699 for the large or 949 for the xl. Are these good deals and is there any way the dealers would go cheaper based on your experiences. They are the last years mpdel not the new stainless models but would it be worth the extra price to get the new model would be 799 for large or 1099 for xl. I am in Va near Bristol.

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Those are very good prices......I'd suggest you sign up for the fest at Waldorf and get one of the demos from there. If you can't wait that long, then go for wherever you saw these deals.......
  • Susan Egglaine
    Susan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
    Welcome! Even if you do get an egg before May make plans to attend a fest or two. The N.C. is probably a little closer for you but Waldorf will be a blast! What is the name of the resturant where you work?
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    go for it. before they raise the price.
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• Those are GREAT prices. I'd jump on those while they last. I'm assuming they are last years model without the TelTrue and the SS Grate, but who cares...great deal either way.
  • meat03man
    Yeah they are last years. I convinced my wife in letting me get one will probably go large but may go xl. Hopefully i will still be able to get these prices next month promised her i would wait a few weeks, basically 2 paychecks from now is my goal. I am psyched thanks everyone i plan on posting lots of pics.
  • Jer_inva
    Jer_inva Posts: 109
    Another thought is to give them a call and see if you can put one on layaway for 30-45 days. Pay a little each paycheck till your ready to pay in full.

Never hurts to ask.
  • meat03man
    Well there are a few dealers close by one about 45 minutes from me that wont do a layaway and one about an hour and a half that does do a layaway, i just hate tp drive an extra 45 minutes to lay it away and pick it up. The main problem being i work on call 45 minutes in the opposite direction. And someone asked where i cooked well i actually dont cook in a restaraunt anymore but i did cook at a local place called Cuz's in pounding mill va, anyone who happens to be around should try it out amazing place.