Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

If any one is on the fence about makin belly bacon

2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
edited 2:53AM in EggHead Forum
Think about making a baked potato on your egg and crumbling your bacon on top. :P :whistle: :evil:

• elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    I want one! :laugh: A much larger project than I can take on for a while, but I sure like looking at your success.... ;)
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Thanks elzbth. :laugh: :evil:
  • MusicMan78MusicMan78 Posts: 182
    Just got Charcuterie and some Hi-Country curing salt from Amazon today, looking for a local farm to source some belly from. If not I will have the pay the premium and get it at the Chinese grocer in town.
    I need to get that book. I lucked out finding everything pork. ;)
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Yess I could see where that would be tasty!! I saw the mix at Bass Pro Shops,will have to try it.

It was tasty Dale. :P Looking forward to seeing how you done. :)
  • LobichoLobicho Posts: 557
    belly bacoon iiittttttttts GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!
    iiiitss soooooo GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!
    :laugh: :P :laugh: :)
    Glad you like it! I do too.
  • berrygoodberrygood Posts: 372
    One of my favorite egg projects so far. Yours is lookin GOOD, my friend.
    Thanks Berry. Making bacon is good to me. :laugh:
  • Amen. First thing I made with mine (aside from the few quality control checks ;-) was to use the savory bacon to make and to garnish potato soup. It's fantastic stuff, isn't it? You know, I hadn't figured out dinner plans for tonight...think I'll make that soup again.
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Tim, I've never been on the fence about homecured bacon. :woohoo:

Your potatoes with the bacon are making me hungry :) .....and I just had breakfast.
    Dern it Ben. I just remembered we had homr made potato salad last night with out chick breasts off the egg and I was going to crumble some bacon in it but, forgot. :angry: Oh I know there will be more times. ;) Thanks Ben
    Thanks miss Rebecca. I hope to get some of the other bacon out soon and make a determination and comparison. I went back to the man I got the belly from and had him slice it but, I should get a slicer someday. I also need a good stand mixer and meat grinder and stuffer.... :blink:

Hope you have a great day! :)
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Tim, there are so many culinary tools to play with out there. I suppose we could have worse vices. :evil:

This forum is really making a dent in my piggy bank and I still have a hundred things on my wish list. :laugh: