Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Experiment 101

Options
CampCook
CampCook Posts: 157
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I love my egg and am always looking to experiment. Tonight, my wife isgone to the Lion King with my Granddaughter. So, I stopped by AJ's amnd found two steaks. 1) a dry aged rib eye I pan to do this weekend and shre with Vikki. Te other a choice bone in rib eye for tonight's experiment. On with the "cowlick" and then drenched in "smart Balance". About half hour later onto the egg at 700+ degerees. Fleipped twice per side and off until egg gets down to 400 degrees (TREX basic) Back on until temp hits 125 internal. Rest for ten minutes and make a salad..
Conclusions:
1) I prefer adding butter at the end. The technique above rleased off flavors as the fat burned off. Very edible but not as good as I usually do.
2) Costco Choce is equally as good as AJ's choice. Think I will save about 7 or 8 bucks per pound in the future.
3) These are good experiments as the egg produces very erxcellent results no mater how you screw up.
Dave