Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

not even summer, but thinking of winter

edited 7:33PM in EggHead Forum
Momma kat has pointed out that my ever growing collection of BGE eggcessories is reaching the point that I need to stash them someplace other than in the broom closet. The items of real bulk are the plate setter, pizza stone, and rib rack. My thought is to buy a large enough Rubbermaid container and store it on the bottom shelf of my table...then I got to thinking. That will be fine most months, but how about winter. Do I run a risk of placing a "brrrr cold" plate setter and pizza plate into a heating or even hot BGE? Or will I need to bring them in and at least bring them up to room temp? I know all you southern dudes are laughing while us yanks are freezing, but hey, somebody has to grow the corn to feed the cows and pigs to feed the BGE to keep this board happy! ^oo^~

Comments

• J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
    One feral kat,
    I keep most of the stuff in a plastic container, like you mentioned, on the shelf of the BGE table. In the winter I bring in the pizza stone. Racks all hang outside so they don't get buried under the snow. The mini BGE sits on a table right outside the back door when the weather gets really nasty....
    Bone appétit! JCA

• ChiefChief Posts: 154
    J Appledog,
    What is snow?????? Haven't seen that since 1988 in London, England.

• J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Chief,Let's hope that you can cook/grill/barbecue better than you can ski! JCA

• ChiefChief Posts: 154
    J Appledog,
    Definetly love to ski but not on that frozen white stuff, gotta be blue and liquified...
    Get tired of shoveling that stuff, come down here and enjoy the heat....today it is 96 with a light breeze off the "Big Bathtub"

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    chest2.jpg
    <p />one feral kat,[p]This is an old picture - its got more stuff now.[p]Tim
  • JimWJimW Posts: 450
    Chief,
    Snow is that white fuzzy stuff you used to see on your TV screen.

• JimWJimW Posts: 450
    one feral kat,
    I have 2 brothers-in-law in Minneapolis who do it year round with no problem and few precautions. I did spend 3 winters in Duluth MN. I remember the summer of '66. It was on a Tuesday.
    JimW