Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First time...long time

Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
edited 5:24AM in EggHead Forum
My first post in a long time....been a busy boy, and have been trolling too long!

The new home for the Large and the rest of my family:
DSC_0295.jpg

The newest addition....the boy's Christmas present:
DSC_0298.jpg

The She-E-O was hankering for some fish. So some Black Grouper filets and a few Sea Scallops, marinated in Buttermilk for an hour, then patted dry...a little EVOO, Sea Salt and cracked pepper:
DSC_0299.jpg

Grilled at 400 with a hunk of Hickory for 4 minutes a side:
DSC_0300.jpg

Oh man, gonna have to do this one again....fish was really good, if I must say so....
DSC_0302.jpg

Glad to be back....

Comments

• Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    I feel your joy! Fantastic room!

Mike
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,372
    Today was the day for it. I went fishing in Whole Foods today.
    Nice catch you had....
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Beautiful room, handsome pup and great lookin' cook!
  • Nice! I like the way you built the wind break to shield the egg. The wind is the only gripe I have living on the top of a hill. I am anal about any sparks the lumps throw. Have 40 acres of recharge zone behind the house that I don't want to burn up..or the house down.
    Large, small and mini SW Austin
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    BEAUTIFUL!....Everything. :)
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,563
    Party time at Brad's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice outdoor kitchen...why does puppy look sad? Won't you give him anything to eat?
    Judy
    Co-Proprietor and Madam of The Chicken Ranch
    Spring, Texas USA
  • Spring Hen wrote:
    Party time at Brad's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice outdoor kitchen...why does puppy look sad? Won't you give him anything to eat?

Ha! She eats me out of house and home with her duck-dog grub! :P
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Wow - nice looking home for the egg!!! Good looking dinner - I often soak chicken and some cuts of beef in buttermilk, but have never done so with fish - how does this affect the cook/taste? Yours definitely looks yummy.... :)
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Brad, Killer space and dinner! Cute dawg too.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • ResQueResQue Posts: 1,045
    Yum!
  • Love the setup!
  • elzbth wrote:
    Wow - nice looking home for the egg!!! Good looking dinner - I often soak chicken and some cuts of beef in buttermilk, but have never done so with fish - how does this affect the cook/taste? Yours definitely looks yummy.... :)

All I can say is try it! I think it adds a richness that mild fish just doesn't have. I actually learned this trick from a place in Memphis that had a killer grilled grouper sandwich.