Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

herb butter roast

Options
SmokinJ
SmokinJ Posts: 220
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello,
So Im trying to make a butter herb for a sirloin roast. I mixed butter and herbs but I can't get the butter mixture to stick to the roast? Any Ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Is the butter softened or melted?, softened works for me.

Butter, Compound, Herb, Basic

Use as many different herbs as you like. If you wish, add a squeeze of lemon or orange juice or some finely minced garlic.

INGREDIENTS:
    8 Tbs ( 1/4 LB) unsalted butter, at room temperature, beaten until light and fluffy.
    2 Tbs to 1/2 C finely chopped, loosely packed, fresh herbs (such as basil, chive, marjoram, mint, chervil, parsley, thyme, rosemary, tarragon, dill or a combination)
    Salt to taste

Procedure:
    1 In a small bowl using a wooden spoon or a standing mixer with a paddle attachment, combine all of the ingredients until thoroughly incorporated.

Servings: 1

Recipe Type
    Butter

Recipe Source
    Source: BBQ List, Unknown
  • SmokinJ
    SmokinJ Posts: 220
    Options
    I had it softened Maybe I was to anxious and it was still a little to cold. I used a sticck of blue bonnet. Not sure if that matters. Plus I didn't beat with mixer. I will try your recipe next time and will get some unsalted butter. Thanks.

Thanks.