Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm about to use JB Weld to fix my platesetter

GirlyEgg
GirlyEgg Posts: 622
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A "leg" broke off in transport... any advice before I apply the goo?

Comments

•  
    JB Weld is great stuff and I am not putting it down but if you read the package it should state that it is good for 500º and 600º intermittently. Just remember that it will not hold up to high temps but is good for lower temps. Sorry to hear of your breakage Lynn.

Blair

• GirlyEgg
    GirlyEgg Posts: 622
    Thanks! The break was my own fault since I didn't secure it and left it in the egg for transport on the way home from the beach... hindsight! I did read that about the temps and figured it was worth a try... this is for my small egg up at our cabin an the one I tote around on vacation so it gets less use and we do a lot of fish which doesn't require that high of a temp... we'll see!
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Don't get any on your teeth.
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    I'd stand it up with legs down and put a pretty heavy weight on it for a better bond.
  • Cobra
    Cobra Posts: 110
    I know it's a chunk of money, but I would buy a new one. I can't imagine eating JB weld. Remember a couple of years ago when they discovered BPA was leaching into water in bottles which had BPA in the plastic, at ambient temperatures? Now imagine a two part chemical, that when mixed together gets hot, and then hardens, and heat it to 500 degrees? You don't think that there is some JB weld getting into your foods, in some form?

Just a thought.