Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pumpkin Crisp - WOW!

Options
Fisheyes
Fisheyes Posts: 40
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday, we made three pizza's with toppings cooked on the Egg. However, the best thing that I made on the Egg was dessert. We got the Pumpkin Crisp recipe right from the BGE site. I must say that it has completely ruined my love of Pumpkin Pie. I can probably never eat another Pumpkin Pie again without dreaming about the Pumpkin Crisp.[p]I looked around for some other deesert recipes for the Egg. Anyone have ones that they really love? I'd like to adapt the Pumpkin Crisp recipe for cinnamon apples. I'll bet that would be fantastic with Vanilla Ice Cream.[p]Anyone have links to sites with good dessert recipes?[p]Brad

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Fisheyes,
    i do 'crisps' on the egg all the time. ..usually apple or peach/blueberry.. . apples tend to soak up a lot of smoke so careful. ..the peach/blueberry has been a huge hit (i've done them at eggfest and for the gang for dessert at competitions). ..[p]here is a pick of a peach/blueberry crisp from new holland last year. ...and the recipe. ..[p]DSCN0426.jpg[p]Apple and/or Peach crisp recipe. . .[p]9X13 pan (pyrex or enameled is probably best)[p]15 apples/peaches, skinned and cut up into pan [p]2 tspoons lemon juice (spread on the apples to keep from browning. . .
    grease pan (butter works fine)[p]in bowl, mix
    2 sticks butter
    1 ½ cups flour
    2 cups sugar
    4+ teaspoons cinnamon (put as much as you want in to taste)[p]mix together, and press on top of fruit[p]bake at 350 for one hour. . .[p]fantastic when done over the plate setter in the egg. . .

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    bananas%20on%20icecream.JPG
    <p />Fisheyes,[p]This one is about as simple as you can get, but it's a favorite around my house.[p]TRex
    [ul][li]Grilled bananas over icecream[/ul]