Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pit beef and the Daytona 500

FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
edited 2:17PM in EggHead Forum
We had our annual Daytona 500 party yesterday. Think we created a few new race fans. I cooked Pit Beef, thanks to WessB's site and Large Marge and others for the inspiration. What an easy and delicious cook, everyone went crazy for it.

Rubbed 2 6 pound sirloin tip roasts with a combination of DP Cowlick, The Pig rub and garlic powder. Put in Ziplocks and refrigerated over night. Put them on the Egg at 375 for about 2 hours with hickory, until 130 internal. Then wrapped and refrigerated overnight again.
IMAG0195.jpg

IMAG0197.jpg

Sliced thin with an electric slicer.
IMAG0198.jpg

Also threw on some wings, dusted with Willingham's Original rub and smoked with cherry.
IMAG0199.jpg

Served with sourdough rolls, sliced white onion and horseradish mayo. Incredibly DELICIOUS and easy! And the wings disappeared withing minutes.
IMAG0200.jpg

IMAG0201.jpg

My best friend brought me an early birthday gift. She knows I love everything pickle, so I am in heaven. Such a thoughtful gift.
IMAG0203.jpg

The rain cleared leaving stunning views of the mountains. The snow level is lower than anyone has seen out here. Heard there was a 2 hour wait for the tram that goes to the top of this mountain, Mt. San Jacinto.
IMAG0205.jpg

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,505
    That view is so nice....
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Nice job on the pit beef!
    Knoxville, TN
  • That beef looks awesome! Very nice job.
  • beesbees Posts: 335
    Beautiful.
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Teresa, You might like this.

http://www.chow.com/food-news/54969/obsessives-pickles/

I thought it was very interesting.

That beef looks killer!! Your friends ate great!
    You have a really great mountain range to look at. Thanks for sharing.
    Happy early Birthday!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Teresa very fine looking cooks & those moutains look fabulous.
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Looks like a great meal for race day! That beef looks delicious....Just my 2 cents - it was good to see the kid win yesterday. I'm a Jr. fan and really wanted him to win, but once he was out of it, it was refreshing to see the excitement and amazement on that kids face. :)
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Love that! Thanks for sharing. Hope you are feeling much better.
    That was such a cool win! I am a Smoke fan, but it was so great to see Trevor Bayne win. As you said, his face was priceless.
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    The colour on that beef is amazing :)
    Very nice pic of the mountains

Shane
  • BigABigA Posts: 1,157
    food looks great, and so do the mountains!! :)
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Looks geat Teresa!! Alot of good food for the race.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • PattyOPattyO Posts: 883
    Now THAT was how the Anthem should be sung. Absolutely perfect. Martina McBride rocks. The race was so strange with that pushing. It was a cross between ice dancing and billiards. Good for the kid!! And a very nice tribute to Dale Sr.
  • It looks so good, Teresa, and I'm sure your guests loved it. Beautiful view of the beautiful mountains.
  • LobichoLobicho Posts: 557
    Wow
    Superb JOB
    Congrats
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,162
    We didn't have a party, and I don't have a slicer, but made a similar dish on Sunday ala Large Marge:

010-10.jpg

020-3.jpg
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Mitee TASTEE lookin vittles there MS T!Not sure about race fans but I bet ya had a bunch of GROCERY fans. :)
  • Yes that snow was something to see
    My wife went out to 1000 Palms Canyon to shoot ridge lines
    Good looking cook I am catering up in Palm Springs this weekend
    That is a beautiful hunk o meat!
    Nice to know there is another egger nearby! Welcome to the board.
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,162
    Not quite like yours, but we are still enjoying the left overs!
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX