Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Saturday's dinner (w/pics)

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:[p]Decided I needed a "beef fix" since we have not had any for sometime, so stopped at KashNKarry and picked up two hunks of London Broil (each about 2lbs). I cut them each into two pieces, then rubbed with EVOO, sprinkled some kosher salt, a few grinds of pepper. On the smallest piece I also used some DP Red Eye Express (wife really likes this), one piece got some of BlueSmokes Wicked Grin and the other two pieces got DP Cow Lick. Got the EGG heated up nicely while preparing the meat. All were between 1.5" and 1.75" thick so I went about 90 seconds before turning. This pic is at the first turn.[p]LB1-291.jpg[p]After another 90 secs for the second side, pulled for a rest. Put them back on after about 18 minutes (couldn't wait any longer), then went for about 4 to 6 minutes per side again. The second pic is the thinnest piece (nice medium rare). A little blurry, but still learing the camera.[p]LB1-292.jpg[p]It was only the much better half and I eating so the leftovers were sliced for sandwiches for lunches later this week.[p]LB1-293.jpg[p]All in all another great egg meal![p]Have a GREAT day!
Jay[p]

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL