Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Spaghetti Sauce???

BobS
BobS Posts: 2,485
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well not exactly, but I did let the Italian Sausage get happy on my Small BGE. The sausage, that is second from the left, split just as I turned it and the flame came out and traveled over the top. I could not believe it when I saw it and really cannot believe I caught it on film.

20-02-11SpagettiSauce3.jpg

I sauteed some thinly sliced onions in butter. I learned from Cooks Illustrated that something in the onions makes them brown much better in butter than in olive oil and after trying it a couple of times, I think they are right.

20-02-11SpagettiSauce1.jpg

I added some button mushrooms and some fresh artichokes.

20-02-11SpagettiSauce2.jpg

After the onions, shrooms and artichokes were happy, I stirred in a can of tomato paste and let it caramelize a bit before glazing with red wine. Then I stirred in three cans of fire roasted, chopped tomatoes, some garlic, fresh oregano and pepper flakes. All that is getting happy along with the sliced sausage. Should be good!

Comments

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Looks fantastic!

I grilled sausages yesterday thinking of sauce, but as soon as they were off the grill, my wife ate one and my 4 year old ate one. So I sliced one up and tossed into some pasta, olive oil, and red pepper flakes...

018-4.jpg

022-2.jpg
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Bob that looks good.
    Meatballs are real good on the egg as well....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.