Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggs in the Desert 2011

Options
GW
GW Posts: 98
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wow, what a good time. My first sanctioned event. We do our Frozen Fest in MN and I had the pleasure of attending Loney Fest in Mississippi but we didn't have as many eggs burning like I saw yesterday. Thanks to BBQ Island and all the cooks that braved the weather. Here are some pics from the event:

The cooks dinner was fantastic on Friday night. Notice the shirt, Adam B)

DSCF0702.jpg

The sign the kids made for our booth

DSCF0743.jpg

Getting fired up and putting the 1st Pizza on

DSCF0730.jpg

Me & my cooking partner, uncle John. Proud owner of a Large BGE as of yesterday!

DSCF0737.jpg

Had to get a picture with the big guy!

DSCF0703.jpg

AZRP kickin it

DSCF0707.jpg

Desert Filly taken pics. Back at ya Kim :laugh:

DSCF0736.jpg

Some folks from IA enjoying the event

DSCF0731.jpg

Popsicle serving it up

DSCF0708.jpg

Dr. BBQ putting on a class

DSCF0706.jpg

Other action shots of the day

DSCF0742.jpg
DSCF0725.jpgDSCF0720.jpgDSCF0718.jpgDSCF0717.jpgDSCF0740.jpg

The Eggs cooling down. Didn't take long in that weather!

DSCF0746.jpg

Looking forward to next year.

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Nice pict. GW, again thanks to all who are bringing the Desert fest to us.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Scott, why wait til next year to have fun...come on down to Salado, Texas and join us on March 25th and 26th...going to be lots of fun. We're not as big a group but I guarantee you will meet a bunch of great eggheads.
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Great pic's GW. Thanks it looks like a good time was had by all. :)
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Scott, Looks like a great time despite the weather. Wasn't everyone just so dang nice? I'm glad you got to meet some fellow forum friends!
    Thanks for the pictures!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Nice pics, Scott!
    Bet your Salmon Pizza was the hit of the day :woohoo:
    Where was fisherman Dawson?
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Oh, what was the feedback on the salmon pie?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • GW
    Options
    Had a lot of good comments. I was asked about the recipe about a hundred times so that's why I posted it yesterday. Adam told me to make up little cards with the recipe on it but I didn't! Should have.
  • GW
    Options
    I would love to. Maybe next year. I have to start filling the freezer with goodies starting in March. I did send a bunch of Elk burger home with Molly so hopefully she brings some to the fest. Hope you guys have a good time!
  • GW
    Options
    He was there. This is the only picture I got. Not a very good one. Don't tell Jill I posted this!

DSCF0733.jpg
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Scott, what Judy said ;)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.