Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Jerky

ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,783
edited 2:34PM in EggHead Forum
First attempt at Jerky on the Egg.
About 3 1/2 lbs. of Top Round sliced at 1/4". Ended up with about 1 1/2 lbs. after shrinkage. I used the DigiQ set to 165. Worked great. Marinated for about a day. Started taking jerky off the top rack after about 3 hours. Stuff on the bottom took a total of 6 hours. Next time I'll rotate the racks throughout the cook as we all know it is hotter at the top. Overall it turned out really good.

Thanks for looking.

ry%3D315

ry%3D400

ry%3D400
Packerland, Wisconsin

·

Comments

• AshmanAshman Posts: 375
    Tasty looking jerky. And nice raised grid setup. Often we forget that the best solutions are the simplest.
    ·
  • Looks good I've been wanting to try some never knew the best meat to use and what marinade did you use?
    ·
  • Looks really good. Been dying to try to make some myself, just can't seem to find the time lately.
    ·
  • cooksome wrote:
    what marinade did you use?

Here's what I used...

Jerky marinade:
    1/4 C sugar
    3 T Tender Quick
    1/4 C honey
    1/8 C Country Bob's sauce
    1/2 T garlic powder
    2 T Texas BBQ Rub
    1/4 t hot chipotle powder
    1 C water
    1/8 C kosher salt
    Packerland, Wisconsin

·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    That's some good looking jerky you made there. :P
    ·
  • nice looking batch of jerky!....rr
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,467
    That is one of those things I want to do, but........
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Thanks for sharing, I'll try it this weekend!
    :P
    ·