Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

70\'s Night

Beli
Beli Posts: 10,751
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The temperature that was.... :laugh: , the night couldn't have been better the right egged delicacies with the right friends...
Cranked the Large to 500* + , rubbed a Leg of Lamb (A present from my good friend Chuy)with EVOO, garlic, S & P and on to sear...FIRE...FIRE...FIRE...

DSCN9878.jpg

DSCN9882.jpg

DSCN9886.jpg

DSCN9893.jpg

DSCN9889.jpg

DSCN9888.jpg

Let rest for 20 min. & then rubbed with fresh orégano from the garden, luckily it didn't freeze, (the twigs at the bottom of the cazuela), butter, Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, bread crumbs, fetta cheese & red wine. And again on the large at 350* Pulled at 135 internal.Added Molly's merlot smoking chips.This is by far the best Leg of Lamb I've had.

DSCN9901.jpg

The juices were all over...............

DSCN9914.jpg

DSCN9921.jpg

The sauce was just DELICIOUS............
accompanied with a few bottles of Rioja, Malbec & Merlot

DSCN9912.jpg

Fired the XL & egged some Tacos Al Pastor: Marinated Pork & Pineapple Tacos.......

DSCN9906.jpg

DSCN9915.jpg

We bought the meat already marinated, but the typical recipe includes:

Ingredients
1 white onion, halved
1 pineapple, peeled, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
1/4 cup guajillo chile powder
3 garlic cloves, halved
2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano (preferably Mexican)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 large or 2 small chipotle chiles and 1 to 2 teaspoons adobo from canned chipotle chiles in adobo
1 2 1/2-to 3-pound boneless pork loin, cut into 1/2-inch slices
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Corn tortillas
Lime wedges

Preparation
Coarsely chop 1 onion half & 2 pineapple rounds, discarding core; cover and chill remaining pineapple. Place chopped onion and chopped pineapple in blender. Add orange juice and next 7 ingredients; puree marinade until smooth. Place pork in large resealable plastic bag. Add marinade and seal bag, releasing excess air. Turn to coat. Chill at least 4 hours.

Grill remaining pineapple until warm and slightly charred, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Grill the pork with some marinade until slightly charred and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Chopped pineapple into 1/2-inch cubes, discarding cores. Chopp the pork & Mix.

Meanwhile, finely chop the remaining onion half, add cilantro & mix. Grill tortillas until warm and slightly charred, about 10 seconds per side.

This ladies always seem to be in the right place....which is where the food is of course..... :woohoo: :laugh:

DSCN9899.jpg

Oh for dessert............merengue with fruit & chocolate fudge cakes...

DSCN9927.jpg

DSCN9931.jpg

Sorry no pics of the guys they came out all blurred, kept moving their jaws pretty fast eating & drinking all night.. :P

This morning I took the cazuela with the bones out for choco, my labrador, it smelled sooooo good I took it back to the kitchen for further consumption , poor choco :woohoo: :laugh:

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND

Comments