Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whacha got cookin tonight? Jamison Braggin Rights Brisket Here

Options
Smoked Signals
Smoked Signals Posts: 505
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Temperature is 200 ... meat should be on in just a few minutes. [p]Just started the low and slow as the snow and ice continue to blow. I think the red wine is helping my rhyme. [p]No digital pictures ... you'll have to rely on my top notch writtin' skills. LOL[p]What are you cooking tonight?[p]

Comments

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Smoked Signals,
    Good luck with the brisket. Warm your hands on the dome when you cant feel the wine glass in your hand.[p]Nothing special here, grilling lamb sirloin on the egg. My wife is making a big salad and steamed carrots. Dessert is apple-pear crisp.[p]Clay

• Good Eats
    Good Eats Posts: 136
    Options
    Smoked Signals,
    Second attempt at pulled pork... been on since 7:00 am, temp at 151 now... hope it's done before bedtime.

• PapaQ
    PapaQ Posts: 170
    Options
    Smoked Signals,[p]Good luck on the brisket. There should be a lot of love on the other end of all those hours.[p]I just put an 8.5# standing rib roast on. We're going to have stufed mushrooms and ABT's for appetizers, and I roasted a garlic bulb to mash with some potatoes. When the roast is resting, I'll stir-fry some green/red/and yellow peppers, mushrooms and zucchini that have been marinating over night in raspbery chipotle sauce, butter and red wine. Strawberries and pound cake for dessert. Now that's some good eats.[p]And good cooking to all you eggers.[p]Paul

• Smoked Signals
    Options
    PapaQ,
    Sounds great .. when and where is dinner again? [p]Seriously though .. I have a rib roast in the deep freezer. I need to cook that bad boy. I'll be interested to hear how yours comes out.[p]Doug

• Smoked Signals
    Options
    Smoked Signals,
    First pack of Jack Daniels chips have done their thing ... 2 big ol' pecan lumps now smokin away.[p]Updates to come ....

• Smoked Signals
    Options
    Good Eats,
    Mmm.... pork. Its gonna be in the plateau for a few hours. I would bet that it will interupt your sleep tonight before its done. Do you have a remote temp probe? [p]Hope it pulls into fantastic sandwiches for tomorrow.[p]Enjoy.
    Doug

• Smoked Signals
    Options
    Clay Q,
    I almost bought a leg-o-lamb at Kroger last night. Was 40%off ... wife hates lamb so she said no. I had some fantastic lamb in Germany just before Christmas and I am hooked on the stuff. [p]Hope it turns out great.[p]Later,
    Doug

• PapaQ
    PapaQ Posts: 170
    Options
    Smoked Signals,[p]I did one a month ago that was really good. Tonight's "bad boy" is cruising along at 250-255. I'll post the results tomorrow.[p]Paul

• Smoked Signals
    Options
    Smoked Signals,
    Flat is 138 ... point is 120.
    Pecan is still smoking.
    BGE is 258 at the grid extender level ...[p]ahhhh technology.

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    I'd only done a Papa Murphy's pie once before and it was one of their stuffed pizzas. Was kinda in the mood for pizza tonight, saw they had a special on large pepperoni pizzas for $6.99. Not bad at all, especially for the price. These could easily be doctored up to be something eggseptional.[p]Only complaint is, and I had a sneaking suspicion it was going to happen, I had a hard time crisping up the crust. What I tried to do was slide it from their papaer plate onto my platesetter. That would have been ideal. No cigar. Dough was too, ummm, floppy I guess you'd say.[p]Plan B was to cook it for awhile THEN slide it onto the platesetter. It was nearly done before I was able to do this AND the crust still didn't crisp up as well as I would have like. Though for an emergency pizza fix it was very good.

• Smoked Signals
    Options
    Smoked Signals,
    4 hour mark ...
    Brisket flat is 158
    Egg at grid extender 214.[p]Ahhh... the smell of smoke on crip winter night.
    Brisket sandwiches for lunch tomorrow.[p]

• Smoked Signals,[p]Salmon 1st then chicken breasts (W/ dizzy dust)..[p]Hope to avoid the rain[p]Best,[p]CTB