Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini freaks :-) - fits this cast iron pan ?

Options
EggSimon
EggSimon Posts: 422
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello to all Mini freaks :-)

fits this cast pan:

https://secure.lodgemfg.com/storefront/product1_new.asp?menu=logic&idProduct=3924

(10 1/4 diameter)

on the mini ?

Comments

• Frank from Houma
    Options
    Simon,

I have a 10" that I have used on the mini. It's really just good for grilling - not much room for air to move around with the dome closed.
  • EggSimon
    Options
    Frank from Houma wrote:
    Simon,

I have a 10" that I have used on the mini. It's really just good for grilling - not much room for air to move around with the dome closed.

That´s the reason I asked. I´m not sure if it sits on the mini like a cork on a wine bottle :) ...

... and the fire is getting out...
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    I have this 9" Lodge CI skillet and I cut the handle off. It works on the mini just fine.

https://secure.lodgemfg.com/storefront/product1_new.asp?menu=logic&idProduct=3923
  • EggSimon
    Options
    vidalia1 wrote:
    I have this 9" Lodge CI skillet and I cut the handle off. It works on the mini just fine.

https://secure.lodgemfg.com/storefront/product1_new.asp?menu=logic&idProduct=3923

Thanks Kim,

Problem is, there is no smaller Lodge skillet than the 10 1/4 inch available over here in Germany...
  • vidalia1
    Options
    Doh!!!! :S :blink:
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Don't give up on other brands.
    Check any kind of second hand or thrift store for used pieces.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    maybe try ebay?
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    There were some really great ideas for Mini grid-toppers in the video I posted yesterday. Some looked worthy of commercialization. Might get some ideas there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYGge_k7FUI

I use my small or large Egg when I need some sort of griddle or skillet. Even so, I'm thinking I may have to add a griddle of some kind just in case I want to travel with my Mini.

Spring "Accessories Come In All Sizes" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • vidalia1
    Options
    Leroy,

Ginny and I take the mini when we camp or tailgate. The pizza stones, mini Kim woo & 9"CI skillets are a must for us.

Usually when we camp every meal is cooked on the mini and we only have to take a small bag of lump. One of my best efforts was the 2 1/2 boneless pork butt I did at Thanksgiving for a pulled pork appetizer...yummy

Your mini video is killer and yes if I was a BGE dealer I would have that on a loop...sorry I didn't see your requests for pics but you did a great job without me...LOL ;)
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thanks Kim. Yes, I could have used your photos too. I'm sure they were just as impressive as the ones in the movie.

Send 'em to me when you get a chance, along with a brief description of what is being cooked. I'll add it to the stack in the event that I edit the original video or make a second one.

Lots of Mini talent out there.

Spring "Mighty Mini Makes Fun Happen" Chicken
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    I have 5 cast iron pans that fit on the mini.

This oval one is from Tomlinson, and it fits perfectly. Got it at Rest. Depot $10.

AugustThrowdown2009006-1-1.jpg

Two of the half moon shape by Lodge - this is 2 on the small:

P1083863.jpg

I have an 8 inch Emeril with the handle cut off:

CIMG3239.jpg

And also a 6 inch Lodge that fits with the handle still on. Oh, and a square griddle that PhotoEgg was nice enough to send me.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Faith do you just use salt to clean the CI after a cook like the last picture? Or do you do something elese?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Faith, Do you have a picture of the square griddle?
    Thanks.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    This is a panini press with the handle ground off.
    Small lip on one side and raised groovs on the flip.
    Works great. $7.00 at one of the discount stores.
    Bring you one to Salado?

PaniniBox.jpg
    PaniniGrinder.jpg
    MiniTuna_002.jpg
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Mickey, I use a plastic scaper that came with the Pampered chef pizza stone. I scrape off whatever I can and wipe the CI out with a paper towel that has been sprayed with Pam.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Molly, this is the one Darian sent me. Thanks Darian.

P2164098.jpg

• cookn biker
    Options
    ohhhh, I remember that. I like it. Yes please Darian. Would you mind sawing off that handle for me?
    You guys need anything from here? I'd be obliged.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Faith, Thanks. I can see a bunch of uses for that.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Already done just waiting for a good home.
    I picked up about 6 of them to give away and still have a couple left. It's yours.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thank you Darian!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"