Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cast Iron Grid Lifter Pics

Options
Citizen Q
Citizen Q Posts: 484
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Regarding options for cast iron gridlifters that I posted about earlier today:[p]Picture008.jpg[p]This shows the spatial relationship of the box stove handle and the Dasco #1935 masonry pointing tool to a talking Homer Simpson bottle opener.

Picture009.jpg[p]And here is the box stove handle in operation. Very simple. Apparently though, I was a bit overzealous in touting the Dasco tool earlier. It works very well lifting the grid of my Lodge cast iron hibachi, but it is a hair too thick to work on the BGE grid. 15 or 20 seconds on the grinder should take care of that.[p]My homemade raised Webber grid w/SS carriage bolts is lost to the record snowfall so far this month so I'll be posting a picture of that sometime around June, unless the glacier forming on my roof carries it out to sea before then. Oh, and I WILL be needing new gutters this spring.[p]Cheers,
C~Q

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Citizen Q,
    Heard you folks got slammed harder then we did here on the mainland. I would imagine your snow removal budget is somewhere in the minus column at least 4 or 5 figures. Hope you thaw out pretty soon. I'm headed over to get a stove handle in a few minutes. Great idea!