Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Thighs txs Freak/Woo/M Backer

Options
egghead2004
egghead2004 Posts: 430
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Chicken%20Thighs%20and%20risotto.jpg
<p />First sorry for the poor pic, the dork-o-meter still runs high with my wife...[p]Ok, I cooked the thighs in the small for 1:45 @ 250 -275 raising to 300 in the last 15 min. Chicken was prepped with Kosher/pepper/all purpose dixxy pig. The chicken was tasty, but I left it on a little too long, I need a thermapen and may have convinced my wife to buy one.[p]However, "Freak" got me on the risotto idea and here we go....
Add 2-3 TBSP olive oil to warm pan on Med heat, add 1/4 cup chopped onion, 3 cloves chopped garlic. Stir in for 2-3 min until the oinions are soft.
Add 1 cup of risotto rice, stir until rice is all coated with Olive oil.
Add 1/4 cup white wine, stir til absorbed.
Add 1 cup chicken broth, stir till absorbed.
Add 2 more cups of broth slowly, a little at a time until the rice absorbs it. this takes time,,,20 minutes or so.
Add 1 TSP fresh chopped parsley, oregano, and Basil each.
Add 1/2 cup gratted parm cheese...the good stuff, don't skimp.
Add 1/2 cup light cream.
stir and take off heat....serve.[p]
I cooked some asparagus here too.... this was a nice combo...[p]
I thank everyone with their ideas, this forum is wonderful!!

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    egghead2004,
    great pic. .. .we LOVE risotto in our house. . . and it really is so easy to make. . . once you have, you won't go back to regular rice. .. .i don't add cream though, it always seems creamy enough (when you use real risotto rice). ..and you are so right about using real parmesan cheese, it has that great flavor. .. yum