Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Where Is Everyone Getting Their Blues Hog

BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
edited 6:04PM in EggHead Forum
i need to get some and my "guy" in atlanta can't get it for me.... so is there some place where everyone is ordering it. i was thinking Fred's or Penzey's (sp).

thanks

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·

Comments

• BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    i remember someone a couple years ago were very slow in shipping but i dont remember who it was do you remember pat?

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    That was if you ordered direct. Hawgeyes has a good reputation for getting things out fast
    ·
    cool thanks pat i just completed my order ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • I get ours from our local Food City supermarket. **** I'm a lucky guy! They carry all three sauces and the rub.
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  •  
    I'm in the east and pay less shipping by getting it at the BBQ Guru just out side of Philly. I ordered on a Monday, used the cheapest ground shipping, it shipped Tuesday and was at my door on Friday. Four quarts for $40.47 total. Last I heard, yesterday, they were out of quarts so I'd check.

·
  • Fred's.
    B)
    ·
  • CobraCobra Posts: 110
    I get it at the local grocery store. Granted I am less than 2 hours from Blues Hog home.
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Give your "guy" a break man...."somebody" in South Carolina took "his" last couple jars and I haven't had a resupply in a while.
    ·
  • ForniaFornia Posts: 451
    I've never been to Fred's without seeing Blues Hog on the shelf....so I'd give him a shot.

BUT if so....I'd highly recommend ALSO picking up a jar of Fred's new sauce. I personally like it better than Blues Hog.

IMG_2537.jpg
    ·
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    I've still got some in the basement from the last time I crossed paths with my "hog guy" from Peculiar...... gonna have to find a new supplier myself one day...... :(
    ·
    its ok i forgive him!! :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
    yea it would be easy to pick up the phone but that was the old days :(

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
    mine was about ten dollars per quart with shipping so i got a pretty good deal.. thanks

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
    a auctioneer i work with two days a week lives in knoxville so i may be able to get him to pick me some up next time i run out.. thanks

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
    show off :P

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
    i will have to give his sauce a shot some day if i ever get up to his place i woulod like to go but it is a little far for me :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • In the past week, I've been hearing from other Illinois Eggheads that a couple of the major regional grocery chains are starting to carry it. I've checked a couple stores in my area, and haven't seen it yet. Might have to talk to customer service, and see if they'll start stocking it.
    ·