Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Mix sauce in with the P.P. for ATB's?

RicklesssRicklesss Posts: 391
edited 11:32PM in EggHead Forum
Soooo...I feel like I should know this, but what's the general consensus regarding adding BBQ sauce to the pulled pork for ATB's?
Planning on doing some tomorrow, using my own cured/smoked bacon, and p.p. Can't wait!

Comments

• thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    DSC09914a.jpg

I've never tried sauce, but I do add rub to the cream cheese and mix it in well.

DSC09918a.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 3,099
    Morning RicklessS:

Sounds great to me...I do it all the time...love adding another layer of flavor!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

•  
    Thanks for the post, I had never thought of doing that.

It also gives me some other ideas. Cream cheese and smoked jalapeno jelly for part of the stuffing.

I am going to use thirdeye's suggestion along with some smoked chicken (pulled pork would work great too), cream cheese & smokin jalapeno jelly for the innards....

GG size abt's.
    pepperncheese1.jpg

poblanoncheese2.jpg

GG
  • Oh MAN, there's some deLiSH idea's there!!
    Thank you both of you!

That golden-hot-bubbly-goodness looks fantastic!
    That's CREAM CHEESE??!! :woohoo:

I think I'll just have to make them a couple different ways and see what the crowd says...

(Maybe I'll even "practice" tonight...) :silly:
  • I think that may be the best looking stuffed pepper I have ever seen!
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    We cdidn't start out that way, but now we mix the sauce and some rub into the cream cheese before we stuff them. YOU"LL LOVE IT!!