Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Spare ribs how long?

skihornskihorn Posts: 600
edited 2:46PM in EggHead Forum
I usually do baby backs but bought spare ribs today. I use Carwash Mike's recipe and it usually takes about 5 hours for babybacks. How much longer will spare ribs take? Just trying to get an idea of when to start the process.

Freddie
League City, TX

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 8,239
    I find 5-6 hours depending on size and temp.
  • PJPJ Posts: 8
    I usually figure about 7 hours for spare ribs. (225 to 250 dome temp.)
    Jim
    PSL, FL
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    i have found the longer the better. best ever was 9 hours at 250, which surprised me. i thought they were toast.
    6,7 easily.

but those things can throw you a curve ball. make sure you check them (bone twists clean, and/or meat pulls back, etc.) around hour 5,6 just like the loin/back ribs. but allow for longer
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • about 1.5 - 2 hrs difference
  • skihornskihorn Posts: 600
    Thanks guy! I just put them on the grill. Should be ready in plenty of time and if they are ready early it is always easy to just let them sit before the final stage of saucing and grilling.

Freddie
    League City, TX