Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

If there ever was a reason to buy a BGE

Options
Memphis
Memphis Posts: 144
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just finished a batch of ABTs made with shrimp.... WOW. Damn those things are good. I think I have sold 3 BGEs for my local dealer after cooking these for guests.
What is the one thing (recipe) you would cook to convince someone to buy an Egg ??

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Memphis,
    i think i'd have to go with egged prime rib or trex steak. . .send them to their favorite steak house first, then come on over for mine on the egg. ..that'l convince them. . ..

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Memphis,[p]I went mower shopping for Tammy. They had a BGE out there and getting ready to put ribs on. They invited me back for lunch. Best dang ribs I ever had at that time. A lot better now.
    Load up the BGE and forget the mower.[p]She got her Z-Track later that day.[p]Mike

• chuckls
    chuckls Posts: 399
    Options
    done!.jpg
    <p />Memphis,[p]After ABTs and prime rib (and pulled pork which I don't think has been mentioned yet), I'd have to chime in for chicken wings. There's so many different ways to do them: marinated, breaded, BBQ'd, cut apart, grilled together, ...[p]I've got 4 lb in the fridge right now just waiting for this weekend![p]Oh, I didn't have a picture handy of my wings (gotta fix that!) so here's a pic of stuffed, rolled pork tenderloin..[p]Chuck
  • Steve-B
    Steve-B Posts: 339
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]I agree 100%! We had a couple of TREXed NY Strips tonight. It is so nice to have a half dozen more in the FoodSavered in the freezer. These tonight were monsters. Better than a steakhouse and much cheaper. I think these cost $5.50 each and weighted ~16 ounces. The best part about having an egged steak is of you want it medium-rare, you actually get it medium-rare. I'll stop rambling now and vote TREX to impress.[p]Steve-B
  • Good Eats
    Good Eats Posts: 136
    Options
    Memphis,[p]My buddy has an egg and tried to convince me to get one for years... it was his wings that convinced me... but after trying a TREX... I think I would go with that... then again the Thanksgiving bird wasn't bad, or the spatchcock chicken and then theres the .... oh well you get the point.
  • The Virginian
    Options
    Memphis,
    Ribs, definitely ribs! The Egg does ribs better than any other cooker I know. [p]Brett

• tn slagamater
    Options
    Memphis, you have my curiosity now; shrimp ABTs is one version I have not tried. My vote would be for Spatchcocked chicken...several reasons. Everyone knows what a grilled or baked chicken taste like and a spatchcoked chiken on the Egg is so radically different, so much more moist. Also, poultry always absorbs a lot of smoke, gives it a very distinctive taste.just my 02 cents. Thanks for mentioning the shrimp !

• YankeeBBQ
    Options
    The Virginian,[p]And how many other cookers do you know ? While I'm sure the Egg makes eggsellent ribs I think your a little off base.[p]Steve
  • Smokin Joe
    Options
    The Virginian,Ah yes, the ribs. I talked about and pined for an egg for two years and wifey thought I was crazy. Went to a neighbors house (the guys who posts here as Freak) for ribs and that was it. Wifey wanted me to have an egg just so I could cook her ribs - pretty cool. We went out and got the large a few adys later and two years later... the rest is history as they say. Joe[p]
  • usa doug
    Options
    Memphis,
    I have found from experience that knowledgable, experienced pitmasters are impressed with the high temperatures achieved with the egg. They really like the T rexed steaks and have never tasted better pizza. Or so they tell me! [p]Doug[p]

• Freak
    Freak Posts: 79
    Options
    Memphis,[p]Anything! But the real closers are pork ribs, steaks, spatchcock chicken or roasted turkey. ABT's are a wonderful thing, and pizza are incredible. Advanced culinary creations simply blow people away.[p]If your prospective BGE recruit has never experienced pulled pork while it is hot and as it is being pulled, I am pretty sure it will be a religious experience for them. They're buyin' after that... I'll bet I have sold at least a dozen over the last year and a half.[p]-Tom

• Freak
    Freak Posts: 79
    Options
    Smokin Joe,[p]And what a wonderful day that was! Now teacher is student![p]-Grasshopper
  • Love Handles
    Options
    Memphis,
    Anything on a BGE to me is better than anything made on a gasser. Other charcoal cookers may be different. My favorites to impress friends are T-Rex steaks and pulled pork or ribs. See-Yaa

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    Memphis,
    for me its the trex (steak lamb and chops), the spatchcocked chicken and the pulled pork, but the thing that impressed the most people at one time was a smoked gumbo poured over biscuits for breakfast on an ice fishing trip.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    Options
    Memphis,
    Pulled pork coated and finished with Dizzy Dust.

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    Memphis,[p]Not nescessarily my favorite, but what gets the biggest reaction from the crowd - my variation of Mr. Toad's Pork Loin. I get oohs and aahs every time and never have any left over.