Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New wooden Pizza Peel, Season it or not?

Options
Scooby's Eggin again!
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just purchased a new wooden pizza peel. I saw some posts or sites that say not to put anything on it to protect it. I don't want it to crack or split over time. I read one post that seasoned theirs with some food safe product. Should I season it? If so, what would be the best to use. Thanks for your input in advance!

Rich

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    The couple that I've made haven't been seasoned at all and are doing very well after a good year or so. I'll get seasoned plenty with the right amount of use. B)
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Options
    I've had mine about eight years now, havent done anyhing to it, it's fine, still looks almost new!!
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I've never done anything to either of mine and I've had them for years with no problems. Dead flat and no splits. I just wash it when I'm done and towel dry immediately.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    A COUPLE???? geeze... :whistle:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    I did not do anything to the one you sent me but use it.It looks just like it did the day it arrived.Thanks! It is REALLY handy. :)
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    you don't need to do anything other than wipe it off with a dry towel. no water, no soaking, no nothin. it doesn't need to be seasoned other than by use.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Thanks everyone!

Rich
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Still waitin', huh Luv? :laugh: Maybe you can pick one up when you're in Minnesoota. :)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Not really waiting Michael. Just tossing the shize at him. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Haha - still, if he shows up at the lake with one.... ;)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Carolina Q...Really??? A pizza peel...an adult drink fest....Ummmmm...I dunno 'bout that. :laugh: :evil: :whistle: :huh:
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Sounds interesting though - hmmm? :laugh:

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Egg Master 3000
    Options
    I've had mine about eight years now, havent done anyhing to it, it's fine, still looks almost new!!

Well if you don't use it... :whistle: