Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bored and Hungry at Work?? Bring the Mini!!!!

Options
Florida Grillin Girl
Florida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,973
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Been kinda bored at work lately so I decided to load up the mini for a fun day of egging at work.

You should have heard how excited everyone was when they heard I was bringing it. They have tasted enough egged food that I have brought in....

Everyone scattered to the store to buy food to be egged.

Here is mini-girl getting ready for some major cooking:

P2094052.jpg

First it was chimichurri marinated skirt steaks from the Fresh Market:

P2094053.jpg

It was thin and only took a coupla minutes each side. Perfect!

P2094054.jpg

Next some salmon. Two on the left are bourbon marinated from Fresh market. The one on the right was simply dusted with DP Tsunami Spin - all on the cedar plank:

P2094055.jpg

The two smaller ones came off first. I left this one on a little longer - Perfect again!

P2094056.jpg

Then someone decided on boring ole chicken breasts, but we had nothing to marinate it in. These went on the egg after sitting in some Newman's Own dressing I found in the fridge.

P2094063.jpg

Oh yeah, it was 72 out there while I was egging~ this was in the shade

P2094064.jpg

I went back to work for a little while, smelling like a bag of charcoal.

Then someone wanted crab legs, but I really needed to get some work done at this point, plus it would take some time for the mini to be cool enough to put in my trunk.

You can't imagine the morale boost and smiling faces around there after that!

Now back to work!
Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini

Comments

• milesofsmiles
    Options
    OH My, send me a job app. I can sweep floors, clean the reat areas, windows, and assist egging, and many other required chores. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    You go girl :woohoo:

You may start something.....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    That was very nice of you Faith. I'm sure everyone enjoyed their egged food. :P

To bad 72F there in the shade. You must need to go in and cool off. :laugh:

Looking outside our living room window it's snowing outside. They predict a couple of inches.

Have a good day. :)
  • Beaker
    Beaker Posts: 293
    Options
    Faith, the gaul of someone to bring chicken breasts...jeesh... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , You should at least get a nomination for Employee of the Month, and a prime parking spot! I think a Mini is my future. Great lookin cook...
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    OK Faith, that's enough, now I gotta go out and buy a mini! :silly: :laugh: ;) :side: :lol:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Faith, I haven't taken mine to work in a long time. You are right about the morale boosting effects.
    Nice job on the food!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Lobicho
    Lobicho Posts: 557
    Options
    wow...
    great cook
    great idea...
    bring the egg to work day
    ja
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    I'm still at work waiting for the egg to cool down! It's still 300 degrees, and I shut it down 3 hours ago!

Everyone wants me to just leave it here, but I'm afraid what might happen to it, just as soon as I drive away!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

• WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Options
    Awesome, Faith! I did that summer-before-last (note to self to do again) and did up about 13 mini pizzas! It really was a boost for folks...nice of you to spread the egglove! ;)
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    :woohoo: Nice job there Faith. Here is another thought for you, go from house to house with your Mini and cook up a storm and charge big bucks for there meal. So many peeps are to tired or to lazy to cook. This way here they get a great tasting meal and good food for a change. :woohoo:

Advertise I got the grill you got the money, you can eat good for a change. :laugh: :woohoo: :laugh:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Did you empty the lump out? Ask Photo egg about me and my mini in Texas..hahah :whistle:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    I like that idea, Mike!

• Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    Food looks tasty and that was mighty nice of you. The best thing in those photos to me was the 72 degree day. I hear 50+ this weekend here. Brisket anyone? :laugh:
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Thanks! If it makes you feel any better, today is chilly, damp and ugly.

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Florida Grillin Girl wrote:
    Thanks! If it makes you feel any better, today is chilly, damp and ugly.

Faith, I just looked at your weather. Hahahaha!! I would kill for that!!! Clouds or no clouds! :)

Nice lookin' food, btw - do you have any openings? :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Miss Faith,those are some FINE lookin vittles.I was at Kroger today and they had 4 Flank steaks marked 40% off so I bought em all.Those Chimicurri ones you cooked look wonderful.How do you serve them?I know to slice thin against the grain but lookin for sides or suggestions to serve it. :huh:
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Hi Hoss. The skirt steak was marinated at the Fresh market. I grilled it about 2 minutes a side. I had planned on putting them on flour tortillas and have them as a fajita sort of thing, but everyone just ate it right off the plate as soon as I sliced it. It was like they hadn't eaten in a month!

I like this recipe for flank steak.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/grilled-marinated-flank-steaks-recipe/index.html

I know you can come up with some good sides....potatoes? Fries? Mashed? Plus all those yummy looking veggies that I know you put up.

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    I have also made this one, but used hanger steak instead. It is really good.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/skirt-steak-recipe/index.html

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! :)