Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We may still be full from Thanksgiving, but that doesn’t mean we’re not already looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner, too! Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Great Rub

MemphisQueMemphisQue Posts: 610
edited 8:06PM in EggHead Forum
I have been using a great new rub for the past 4 or 5 months that I wanted to pass along to anyone interested. It's called Smackers BBQ seasoning. I met the guy at an outdoor show last fall. Their website is I have become a big fan and put it on everything from ribs to turkey to chicken. Has anyone besides me tried it?

• I ordered some. Looks good to me. Thanks for the link.
  • Hope you like it as much as I do. I am always in search of rubs/seasonings. I have an entire cabinet filled with them. Some good, some not so good but I have really liked the smackers rub. Just put it on some pork chops last night on the egg that were fantastic.
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,974
    I find when I get a rub/seasoning I am not happy with-usually too much salt for me- I mix them all together and make a salt based seasoning that is good for brining and popcorn.
  • I agree. Some have too much salt. Another reason I liked this one is it had just the right blend of sugars/sweetness with a little spice/tang. It is definitely not overly salty. More of an authentic Memphis Style dry rub.