Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs and Pretzels Tonight!

Options
howmeisterg
howmeisterg Posts: 143
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks for the motivation for the pretzels, they turned out great!

My little helper:
IMG_0032.jpg

Ready for the egg, though the yeast got a bit out of control because I waiting too long between forming them and boiling/baking them:

IMG_0075.jpg

The finished product - did not have pretzel salt so I used Kosher salt.

IMG_0077.jpg

The ribs - 2 racks, 270 degrees dome, 4 hours, direct, on a rib rack, with HD foil under it. Should have put it high in the dome. One rubbed with DD, one with Red Eye Express. Cherry smoke from wood chunks.

Sauced with some local sauces, sweet and savory. Last time I foil them for 2 hours, this time I did a straight cook with no wrap. I got a nice bark this time (which I like) and the flavor of course was delightful - not much pull though. Pretty much fell off the bone. Fam liked it that way as was evidenced by the silence at the dinner table and the lack of leftovers.

I think, though, that the rub and sauce overpowered the cherry smoke. I couldn't pick out the cherry smoke.

These are after cooking, before saucing:

IMG_0039.jpg
IMG_0040.jpg
IMG_0041.jpg

After saucing, and 10 more minutes in the egg:

IMG_0047.jpg
IMG_0049.jpg
IMG_0051.jpg
IMG_0066.jpg
IMG_0071.jpg

Comments