Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Some of my best pizza ever!

BobS
BobS Posts: 2,485
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I made some of my best pies ever!

The dough was made from Caputo 00 flour with 70% hydration.

The other change was to add some length to the spacers between my plate setter and pizza stone (went from 2-3") to push the top of the pie closer to the dome to get a more even cook.

I did have some problems getting all the temp I wanted (maxed at 550), but I think I that was because I have gone too long between cleaning my Egg. There seems there is plenty of space between the edge of the pizza stone and the walls of the Egg.

I am letting the lump burn out so I can get a good clean before the next cook.

Anyway, I started with a favorite that is topped with a layer of EVOO, garlic and fresh rosemary, followed by fig jam, prosciutto, and Gorgonzola.

Here we are after putting on the EVOO mix and the fig jam.

05-02-11Pizza1.jpg

Ready for the grill.

05-02-11Pizza2.jpg

All cooked up.

05-02-11Pizza3.jpg

The second pie was pepperoni topped with a mix of mozzarella, aged provolone, and extra sharp white cheddar.

05-02-11Pizza4.jpg

Here is the bottom of the second one. I'd like it a little darker, but it had great crunch and flavor.

05-02-11Pizza5.jpg

Comments