Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

What I Cooked Today

chocdocchocdoc Posts: 456
edited 12:44PM in EggHead Forum
I'm up north working for a week - away from my egg. Even my mini - which normally lives up here - is down south getting it's new handle and hinges. I'm in Egg withdrawl. But I still must cook.

Dinner tonight was ribs done using a recipe from the latest LCBO magazine - Sticky Oven Ribs. I changed things a bit - braising the ribs stovetop, using sweet smoked paprika in place of paprika and chipotle powder in place of cayenne. For the slather I replaced most of the molasses with honey, and fig-balsamic in place of the cider vinegar.

Not my best picture ever - but these were some tasty ribs considering they weren't egged.

5414288075_a4d5aedf56.jpg
DSCN2482 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

I made the Smashed potatoes cooked in duck fat to accompany the ribs, as well as steamed some asparagus that was then garnished with butter and parmesan.

5414288137_957c9cfca1.jpg
DSCN2485 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

5414288431_299e5ae89b.jpg
DSCN2479 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

I also baked a couple of loaves of the Tartine Country Bread - one for tonight's dinner and a second to take to work tomorrow. My yesterday's attempt at this bread resulted in a couple of wonderful smelling doorstops that were binned as soon as they cooled.

5414900586_9144efab73.jpg
DSCN2476 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

5414288381_8152777025.jpg
DSCN2477 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

To take to work this morning I put together the dough for Pierre Hermes Olive Sables - unfortunately in the store here in LIttle Current there were no oil cured black olives so I opted to use some nice pimento stuffed greens instead - it still works - they were gone by noon!

5414900486_dfb3b84f67.jpg
DSCN2474 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr