Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

My first cook

XLentEGGXLentEGG Posts: 431
edited 3:25AM in EggHead Forum
Ribeye, All went well.Rookie mistake of putting temp probe in the thickest cut after last flip. We like them on the rarer side. There is supposed to be a photo with this,but this is a first try also.
More meat please !! :-)

Comments

• XLentEGGXLentEGG Posts: 431
    So much for the photo..sorry.
    001.jpg

Here it is !!
  • What temp did you cook at? I am trying to keep the temps low for the first few cooks, as some of the posters here said to do. Just wondering if it makes any difference and how hot you got your Egg.

Looks great, though!
  • Those look good. Looks like you are off and running.
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Most remote probes are only rated for around 390° max....not sure what temp you cooked at, but it's just an FYI anyway..
  • Ribeyes are a great cook for the first time. I know you enjoyed them. Congrats.
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    YUMMEE lookin hunk-o-cow!.I like to put the probe in from the side so it goes to the middle of the steak. ;) I pull @ 120.You can always throw it back on for a minute but NO ONE can UNCOOK anything. :)
    I used a lump reducing ring. I should of went ahead and filled it up ,but the instructions said to start with half and adjust from there. In @ twenty minutes I had it up to @ 550. It was about to start raining again so I went for it. 2min sear, flip, 2min sear,flip, insert probe and shut her down. Temp probe beeped at 150 five minutes later.BTW once the meat was on,it hit 650 with a quickness!!
  • Wouldn't it be great to be able to uncook something when you screw up.
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    LOL there are a lot of "uns" i'd like to do, un cook, un-say, un-see.... :laugh:
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    very nice!!
  • exactly!
  • GarneracGarnerac Posts: 134
    Bravo! Bravo!
    Thank you sir.
  • Man, that looks good.
  • Nothing like a beautifully cooked ribeye in my book. Job well done.
  • EGGARYEGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Thanks for reminding me of the Lump Reducer. I have one and haven't used it in awhile. I will go back to using it. I take it you have an XL.

Glad your steaks came out good. One of the things I like to do on the EGG.
  • My first cook was a ribeye too! Very fun and tasty!