Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beginning My First Wet Age Subprimal

Options
LFGEnergy
LFGEnergy Posts: 618
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Picked up a pretty prime subprimal at Costco yesterday, and shoved it in fridge anticipating I would open and get dry aging today. Still not done....

Now, I have decided I am going to do a 35-day wet age on this one, as a comparison with the dry age subprimals of my past. I have a Beef Council study about beef aging claiming that in blind tests people prefer the flavor of wet aging over dry aging. Same study shows like no flavor improvement after 21 days....yea right!!!! But I DO LOVE my dry aged steaks!!!

We will see - I am sure it will be great either way!!! My other thought is that with the wet aging, I can do the kosher salt and rest method I described in a post earlier today. If not familiar, scroll down, and be sure and look at link thirdeye put in response to my post.

Great evening to all!