Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Phase 2: Egg Built; Phase 3: Cooking on the Egg...

Options
nysportsfan
nysportsfan Posts: 241
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooking pics will come later, after I shop and get some things ready.

But for now, the assembled egg. It was not bad at all. The only part that annoyed me was the nylon feet on the nest since they came off after I adjusted the egg. No big deal. Sides on, ready to cook later.

img20110129124440.jpg
img20110129124504.jpg

Pics aren't great since I used my camera phone.

Comments

• nysportsfan
    Options
    I should be clear...I had to take the egg out of the nest and put the nylon pieces back on. You can't leave them off, or it will topple over the back.
  • Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    Options
    Looks great! You've lined up the dome, which is er...more than I can say about my assembly job. :blush:

Welcome to the enjoyment of the BGE!

I'm very much looking forward to seeing pics of your first cook! Even if you are...a NYSPORTSFAN. :):whistle:B)
  • nysportsfan
    Options
    Haha. Well I watched that Youtube clip and they made it easy. The assembly isn't very hard. I am just hoping a hot dome doesn't come crashing down later on, which happens to some people.
  • Slotmercenary
    Options
    Just curious but what nylon feet are you referring too?
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Nice!! Welcome to the madness!!

A word of caution. Fire and wooden decks don't get along. At the very least, you should keep the screen on the lower vent closed. A safety mat isn't a bad idea either, though I doubt you'll find one locally this time of year. Best solution is to move it to a non-combustible surface.

And, what nylon feet?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    Looks great!! I can't remember an egg being so clean.Have fun and enjoy the food.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • nysportsfan
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I will shop for a fire mat ASAP on Amazon and elsewhere.

I think they are called nylon feet. They are the rubbery protectors for the top portions of the nest. They also help keep the BGE in the nest without any slippage.
  • Egg Master 3000
    Options
    Yeah after reading some of the horror stories on here about stuff bruning down I always keep the screen close, even if it sacrifices start up time.

I bought mine pre-assembled at dealer :blush:
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    You need to learn to resize your pictures to about 75K instead of 1.2M.
  • srq2625
    srq2625 Posts: 262
    Options
    Check out Lowes. Mine has a very nice sized mat for such purposes in the BBQ/Fireplace section.