Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pork Tenderloin two ways

chocdocchocdoc Posts: 460
edited 10:29PM in EggHead Forum
Pulled a package of two big pork tenderloins out of the freezer the other day - today was time to deal with them.

One I sliced and stir fried - garlic, toyomansi and onions. The other I rubbed with Penzey's Adobo seasoning and cooked to 165 F on the grill after I removed the wok and cooled down the egg a bit.

5396347205_f3cc3d6fd4.jpg
DSCN2454 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

5396945236_b2e050ef5b.jpg
DSCN2456 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

5396347289_70a7a46cfd.jpg
DSCN2459 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

5396347315_95893a6915.jpg
DSCN2461 by ChocDoc1, on Flickr

Thinking I need a slightly larger wok - this one is 14 inches, I'm thinking 16 inches would be perfect - less stuff sloshed over the side onto the lump.

Comments

• MargieMargie Posts: 52
    looking good thanks for sharing
  • Pork looks great. A wok purchase is in the near future for me so thanks for adding your opinion on the size.
  • chocdocchocdoc Posts: 460
    Yup - it's time for a trip to Tap Phong in Toronto - tape measure in hand. I'm thinking that seasoning carbon steel on the egg is going to be so much nicer than seasoning on the stove or in the oven. No more of that nasty smoke alarm noise!
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 8,188
    I find that a 14' is purrfect for my large. Have a 16 but find the air flow around the perimeter is not as good for a hot fire when I need it. Mussels and curry sauce with mung bean noodles.

MiniEggfest2010-073Mussels4.jpg
    Interesting - I may need to learn this one the hard way. Good thing woks are inexpensive at Tap Phong.
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 8,188
    You might consider an XLBGE for the 16 if you do not like it on the LBGE.
    Now there's a thought!
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Wok on sista! ;) Looks mighty fine. :P