Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sug. wanted/ CC boneless P,loin

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a center cut boneless pork loin with a layer of fat and of course tried with string. I have Egged a fair amount of tenderloins but not this. I need to Egg this ahead of time for a family of 5 and they will have to reheat.
it
At this time I do not intend to stuff it but may inject with some unsweetened apple sauce and Capt. Morgans spiced rum. Maybe some kind of rub or marinade over it.

But for now I'm more concerned about the cook and then the reheat for them. Figured to pull around 144 and rest, refrigerate overnight and then take to the lady of the family. So, will it be fine depending on how she reheats it or is there a big problem with it drying out or???
Any suggestions welcomed,

Thanks,
Bordello

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Bob I would cook it direct on a raised grid at 375 to 400° or 400 to 450° indirect and pull it off at 135 internal
  • Bordello
    Options
    Any thoughts on a good way for her to do the reheat???
    Oven with broth, brobably too long (11 inch, 6.25 to 6.5 lb) for a crock pot unless she cuts it up.

Thanks,
    Bordello
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    I would just double wrap in foil with just a little liquid. How is she planning to serve it sandwiches, sauced, sliced thick, thin? If with a pork gravy she can slice and then heat it up with the gravy.
  • Bordello
    Options
    She doesn't know she will be getting it. With a family total of 5, 3 teenage boys, husband and her. At almost 6.5 lb. it should make a dinner for them.

She won't know till I hand it to her if it comes out looking good.

Thanks,
    Bordello
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    Bob,, it's a pretty simple cook and a nice gesture on your part. I'm sure they will love it no matter which way they decide to reheat it. You dog sitting in Florida again this year?
  • Bordello
    Options
    Hi Pat,
    Sorry, I have not been asked to as of yet. I think the economy has caught up with them also. It would have made a nice trip. If I do I'll let ya know here of the forum.

Thanks for asking,
    Regards,
    Bordello