Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?

Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
edited 12:33AM in EggHead Forum
It's Celebrity Weekend at the Ranger house. Chubby and the Chick will be weekend houseguests, and the Chicken and Hen will be gracing us with their presence hopefully on both Saturday night and Sunday morning.

There should be very few dull moments, and lots to eat. Supposed to be 69 here on Saturday and 75 on Sunday. No snow in the forecast, but there will still be a fire. B)

IMG_3051.jpg

IMG_3055.jpg

Comments

• Sounds like a fun weekend a-comin' in San Antonio !
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    i suppose i could be there in a few hours, but would not be worthy. Therefore i will eat from a cold can of chef-boyardee ravioli :blush:

have fun!
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • quick, if chubby is coming to town, hide the pets, lock up marina, and put all the good china and jewelry down at the safe deposit box!! and make him pay in advance!!!
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Have Ann help with the cooking if needed. Evans has a penchant for dropping things we know.
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Come on down! The Chickens were in town for another function and wanted to get together. When Chubby found out, he thought it would be fun, so he just invited himself and Ann for the weekend. Don't know why you, or anyone else should be any different.

It's really no big deal,...we just had to cancel a few minor things like Sharon's Dad's birthday celebration, Marina's volleyball match, and some key festivities at church on Sunday. When opportunities like these present themselves, you really do have to look at your priorities. :whistle:

LR
    Actually, I'll just make sure my plate setter and pizza stones are in a safe place. A memento from his last visit.

021.jpg
    See above. ;)
    Ain't it the truth!
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Mike, can any good possibly come of this????? :huh: Sounds like mixing fire and gasoline. Be sure and have a blast and post pics of the damage.
  • THIS WEEKEND!!! I thought it was next weekend...

%&#! I'm still using my 2010 calendar.

Okay, we'll be there and might take photos.

See you THIS weekend.

Spring "Have Truck Will Travel" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,612
    Will San Antonio have enough liquor in town to handle a weekend like you propose?
    photo-12.jpg
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    That's what I'm talking about. Maybe Mike can rustle up another ladies poncho :whistle:
    Without a doubt. Drop on down!
    Sure hope you can make it on Saturday. Surely you will have had enough of "relatives" by that time. We thought we might go around the corner and check out a new attraction to the neighborhood. Check it out. It's about 3 minutes from the house, and getting rave reviews.

Drive carefully and don't be playing with any power tools with blades or folding ladders, or basically anything.

http://www.boardwalkonbulverde.com/
    That remains to be seen, Dear. Should be interesting, however.
  • If we go there Judy will get that, "Let's buy an Airstream" look in her eyes (again). I can hardly stand up in one and surely would have to back outside to turn around. But "Airstream looks" are a lot cheaper than owning one.

Pretty cool idea though, assuming it doesn't rain.

As for Saturday, I've never been to a house-blessing before so I don't know how long we'll be there. I'm sure there will be some socializing and cookies and promises to get together more often. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm sure Chubby can entertain you enough by himself without my help.

Sunday for sure.

Spring "Just Going With The Flow" Chicken
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,489
    Lucky dog. Not just on the weather, but the people involved. Yall will have a blast. Tell everyone HOWDY for me!
    Cheers
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,612
    Mike we will want a picture of the 3 amigos and the ladies who put the hell up with them :unsure:
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Wish I was going to be there Mike...Should be a blast with the two wonderful couples.

Larry
  • What a birthday month you are having!
    Your Celebrity Weekend sounds a lot more fun than the Royal Wedding this summer ;)
    Can't wait to see Mr. Chicken's Royal Production on YouTube!
    See you in Salado
    You got that right, My Friend. These are 4 of the best folks around. We are honored to have them...no kidding.

Sounds like you've had some weather. Thanks for the great service. It means a lot.

Mike
    Larry:

I can't tell you how much I wish we lived closer. I think we have the same soil and grass in our blood.

Best, Buddy.

Mike
    Yep, you're right! When can we expect you? Wish you were here.

Mike
    Will certainly make an attempt!
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,489
    Yeah, we got some weather alright. Power back on after 2 days. Had a 4 hour, 18 mile drive in a war zone on I-66 the other night. Many had it worse. Many should have never ventured onto the road.

Thank YOU for the great service! That new handle is shaweet.

Have fun
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Mike you gett the rum ready OK. And the poncho friend is packing light so you'll have to be pretty well stock :laugh: What a group have a blast & a few tequilas SALUD!!!
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 12,441
    I keep wondering when someone will mention this dude... :laugh:

comingtodinner-thumb-400x266.jpg

Hope all y'all have a great time!! And tell Sidney I said hey! :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!

…Unknown

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

Will do. You should come on up. Leave now and you can be here mid afternoon!
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Would love to Mike tks, only thing is i'm not prepared for all the shopping :ohmy: