Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question about Internal Meat Temp. While Cooking

Options
JimboBQ
JimboBQ Posts: 197
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Even now that I have a Guru I still use a Polder just to monitor the internal meat temp while doing a low n slow. I noticed last night during the cook (pit temp set to 215) the internal of a butt was 157. Two hours later, with the pit temp steady at 215, the internal dropped to 151 degrees. I understand that meat plateaus, but I didn't realize that the temp could actually drop. Is this possible? When I saw by the remote (I had it on the night stand by the bed) the internal had dropped, I figured I'd lost my fire. But, upon checking, it was holding steady as a rock. Comments would be appreciated. I still consider myself a newbie. BTW: The internal is now 188 degrees and I'll be pulling the butts off soon to rest in the cooler with towels until I can pull it into pulled pork.
Thanks,
Jimbo

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...

Comments