Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Big Green Jeep- your opinion?

Options
2»

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That was well said indeed!

Thanks again for everyone that weighed in. This forum really is great to get some feedback.

I agree it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks (unless I do want to sell it!). That being said- I found a black one and I honestly like it better. Definitely some downsides...hotter, scratches easier, etc. We'll see if I can pull the trigger :).

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    I like green,even that green :lol: I love my big green Jeep :) I'm sure that you'll be happy with any color :)

DSC_0009.jpg

018.jpg

003-13.jpg
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I figured this thread would draw you in at some point.

How're the wife and kids getting on?
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    HAHA,yea,I just saw Jeep and had to jump in :lol: Wife and little ones are doing great.We'll be at Doug's on Saturday minus "little big'un".Hope to see ya there :cheer:
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    I don't like the color but "to each his own". I bought my 03 TJ about a year and a half ago and have loved it ever since. I'm not sure if you've ever owned one but they are some more fun in the summer. If mine rolls out of the garage, both of my kids are ready to go. My 2 year old will have a duck if I don't take him where I'm going. The Rubicon will have front locking diff's but you are going to pay for them. They think highly of those things these days. Good luck with your choice. Here's mine.
    IMG_7291-b.jpg
  • SmokeyPitt
    Options
    I went and looked at the black one and fell in love.

Took this at the dealer:
    2011-01-24%2019.38.23.jpg

...and now she's home:
    2011-01-24%2023.19.59.jpg

Thanks again for all the input! Who's up for an egg fest at the top of a mountain?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    looks great. your wife will love it.

(just kidding. s'my standard joke when someone asks about their next car...) :laugh:
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • SmokeyPitt
    Options
    Thanks man. :laugh:

...you don't know how right you are. She's off "running errands" in it right now. When she left about 20 minutes ago she said "Thanks for my new jeep" as she headed out the door.

• Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    I like the green. I get so tired of every car on the road being the same color. Yay for new colors!