Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Today's Pinto Beans w/Ham Bone (pic heavy)

TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSC_1262.jpg

DSC_1263.jpg

DSC_1264.jpg

DSC_1265.jpg

DSC_1266.jpg

DSC_1267.jpg

DSC_1274.jpg
·

Comments

• HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Ain't NOTHIN better and those look PERFECT!Where's the buttermilk Cornbread??? :huh:
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Ha no words needed. Great cook. :P
    ·
  • TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
    All our recipies call for Self Rising Cornbread Mix and there is only one store in our over populated area that carries it. That is HEB and it is hard to get to. We did have some left over from last time but Susie was afraid it was too old. So, no cornbread. I was hoping. We did try our local Randall's (Safeway) with no luck. That was when I remembered the HEB.
    ·
  • thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    Nice!
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 7,793
    Ray, ain't nuthin' better than a mess of pintos! Nice cook!
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Thanks y'all.
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    I got ya!You can just add about a T.of bakin powder and a t. of bakin soda to 2 cups of plain cornmeal and you're good to go. ;) It ain't exact,but it'll get you there. :)
    ·
  • ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,790
    Dat's some quality legumes Pard!

Very nice indeed!!!!!

Can I have a wedge of jalepeno cornbread with mine...??

Thanks!
    ·
  • EggsakleyEggsakley Posts: 1,014
    Looks fabulous. I used my spiral ham bone for blackeyed peas on New Years day. They do make for some great beans. :)
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,047
    That ham is good but my meal is the bone in the beans like you have.
    One time pinto and the next butter beans.
    Good looking meal.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    That's my kind of soul food. Perfect in winter steaming hot!
    Gets better the next day after resting in the frig.
    Enjoy!
    ·
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,487
    Glad to see Susie might be feeling a little better. The beans look fantastic. I just did a pot of cranberry beans and they were really good. Never heard of them before but found them at HEB - love that store!
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,391
    Your pinto beans with Ham bone look soooooo tasty! :)

Can't help but notice, were you dining al fresco? The reason I ask is that it is a mere 10 degrees here.
    ·