Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Today's Pinto Beans w/Ham Bone (pic heavy)

TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
edited 11:28AM in EggHead Forum

• HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Ain't NOTHIN better and those look PERFECT!Where's the buttermilk Cornbread??? :huh:
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Ha no words needed. Great cook. :P
  • TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
    All our recipies call for Self Rising Cornbread Mix and there is only one store in our over populated area that carries it. That is HEB and it is hard to get to. We did have some left over from last time but Susie was afraid it was too old. So, no cornbread. I was hoping. We did try our local Randall's (Safeway) with no luck. That was when I remembered the HEB.
  • thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,942
    Ray, ain't nuthin' better than a mess of pintos! Nice cook!

If you’re afraid of butter, use cream.    Julia Child

Central Connecticut 

• TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Thanks y'all.
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    I got ya!You can just add about a T.of bakin powder and a t. of bakin soda to 2 cups of plain cornmeal and you're good to go. ;) It ain't exact,but it'll get you there. :)
  • ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,939
    Dat's some quality legumes Pard!

Very nice indeed!!!!!

Can I have a wedge of jalepeno cornbread with mine...??

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • EggsakleyEggsakley Posts: 1,014
    Looks fabulous. I used my spiral ham bone for blackeyed peas on New Years day. They do make for some great beans. :)
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,654
    That ham is good but my meal is the bone in the beans like you have.
    One time pinto and the next butter beans.
    Good looking meal.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,421
    That's my kind of soul food. Perfect in winter steaming hot!
    Gets better the next day after resting in the frig.
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,494
    Glad to see Susie might be feeling a little better. The beans look fantastic. I just did a pot of cranberry beans and they were really good. Never heard of them before but found them at HEB - love that store!
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Your pinto beans with Ham bone look soooooo tasty! :)

Can't help but notice, were you dining al fresco? The reason I ask is that it is a mere 10 degrees here.