Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Can remote probe go into the thermometer hole?

Prof DanProf Dan Posts: 339
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sometimes, I want the Egg to come up to temperature slowly, so I start it really low and let it rise. (Maybe I'm mistaken, but I think that the "slow rise" method means that more smoke can soak into the meat at a lower temperature.) But that means I have to run back and forth from the house to the back yard to check the temperature every few minutes. [p]What I'd like to do is stick the probe of my wireless remote thermometer into the hole in the dome where the ordinary thermometer usually goes. When the dome gets up to the desired temperature, the alarm on my remote will go off. At that time, I can then swap out the probe, reinsert the ordinary thermometer, and stick the probe into the meat.[p]Is this possible, or am I dreaming?

Comments