Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

~~Pastrami Recipe Revisited ~~

Options
thirdeye
thirdeye Posts: 7,428
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
570367d7.jpg
<p />Once again, many thanks to everyone that critiqued, commented and offered suggestions on the recipe I posted a few days ago, here is the latest improved version: [p]I rinsed two store-bought 3-1/2 lb. corned briskets and soaked them in the fridge for 7 hours with 2 water changes. Following drying, I marked the grain & rubbed with the mixture below. The briskets were wrapped in plastic and refrigerated overnight. Additional rub was applied as needed as they were brought to room temperature. I used a small amount of hickory & pecan and maintained a 225° - 250° rack temp, using the standard grate atop a legs up plate setter & drip pan. One was fat side up, the other fat side down. The cook time was almost 7 hours to reach a target temperature of 165° - 170°. Briskets were rested in a foil & newspaper wrap. The bark was good, texture was great for slicing, the brine / rub flavors were balanced and the majority felt the fat side down brisket was moister. Since the longer soak time worked so well, I may try a short soak on my next home corned brisket as well.
RUB:
4 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons Canadian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
1 teaspoon paprika[p]~thirdeye~[p]

Happy Trails
~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery

Comments