Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

I guess we DO smell!!!

Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 9,860
edited 6:51AM in EggHead Forum
Just lit the large for tonight's pizza. Then, I went to the store to pick up a couple of things and mentioned that I was about to grill a pizza. (I always get a kick out of people's reaction to that - especially when it's 22° in January.) The clerk said, "I thought I smelled smoke!" Man, all I did was light it and leave!! Guess it really IS that noticeable. :huh: :) ;)

I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead. Not sick, not wounded... dead.

Woody Allen

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 18,937
    I know a shameless brag when I see it! LOL you were in a warm 22° climate when you lit your egg - while our temp was only 9° when I lit our egg! Don't forget your sun screen, braggart! :laugh:
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    :ermm: :laugh:
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Looks like we might cool down tomorrow,, maybe now we can shut off the AC
    You are BAD! We have more snow coming and now our temp is down to 3°! Do you EVEN know what 3° feels like? I didn't think so! :woohoo:
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    even the meat locker doesn't go that low :whistle: :laugh:
  • I know your nose sticks together. Went to college at U. of Wisconsin.

Judy
    Judy in San Diego
  • BigABigA Posts: 1,157
    yes we do! my 10 month old wont let me rock him if i have been cooken on the egg unless i change and shower. i guess he doesnt know better yet!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 9,860
    Finally!! Someone who got my point!! :laugh:

I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead. Not sick, not wounded... dead.

Woody Allen

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• I'm really stinking up the place. Had two Eggs going at 600° (well, the Small coasted down to 550° eventually, with full fire ring--YAAAAAAY) for 2.5 hours. I'm wearing a sweatshirt and I think something in the weave latches onto smoke even more than usual. I can't stand myself!

Judy in 75° San Diego (but the nights are REAL cold)
    Judy in San Diego
    i would love 3 right now, air temp this morn was -27, windchill had a bit of a bite at -39!! :) 3 would be short wearing weather!!
    :laugh: :) B)
    THANK YOU! Now I can show your reply to my wife and then turn the thermostat down when we go to bed by reminding her how GOOD we have it! :laugh:
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • It's that danged white smoke that comes out when you first light... I try to avoid that stuff but I never do. Sometimes I smell it the next morning when I am washing my hair too!