Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Chops & Stuffed Chicken Legs

BobS
BobS Posts: 2,485
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Monday night I fixed some nice pork chops and added a baked sweet potato and some sauteed green beens.

17-01-11PorkChops.jpg

Tonight I dusted off one of the good ones from last year and made some more stuffed chicken legs. I deboned the legs and stuffed them with a mix of ground lamb, onions and spinach.

20-01-11StuffedChickenlegs-1.jpg

That is some baked acorn squash and I added a baked potato and some Brussels sprouts after this picture was taken.

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Bob, Good stuff there!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    That's a new one on me.Great idea. :)
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    You could stuff them with LONEY.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    I am certainly apt to! :woohoo: How ya doin friend?
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Bob those look great!! I love the stuffed legs,very nice!!

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Just finished off my bacon eggsplosion meat loaf from the other night and now am washing it down with some single malt.
    Tomorrow going to make some limoncello bread pudding for breakfast and dessert later in the day with a spatchcock 5 pounder chicken.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Thanks, never thought of legs stuffed till you posted that picture.
    Always doing pounded breasts, next time legs ;)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• BobS
    Thanks for the comments folks. You need a sharp knife or two (I use a chefs knife to cut the end off the leg and a boning knife to get the meat off the bone)but it is pretty easy and makes a good cook.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Bob I can't tell: do you have bacon on the leg?
    If not, any need?
    Always have bacon on the stuffed breasts.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• BobS
    Mickey wrote:
    Bob I can't tell: do you have bacon on the leg?
    If not, any need?
    Always have bacon on the stuffed breasts.

I did not put bacon around the legs. You are putting the stuffing into a cavity, so you do not need the bacon to hold things shut, but bacon is usually a good add and could be applied here.

The stuffing was like a raw meatloaf mix so it held together and stayed in place when it cooked.