Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

I just hit the Big Green Egg trifecta!

ShedFarmShedFarm Posts: 499
edited 2:41AM in EggHead Forum
I've been wanting a BGE for years, but something else always came up. After we attended the eggfest at Offenbacher's last October, I was granted a $1500 budget to work with (by SWMBO), but I had to wait until 2011 to get it.

Given that, the original plan was to get one large egg and a ton of eggcessories, once I got my federal tax refund in. It then grew to getting a large and a small, because SWMBO pretty much got me one of everything from the Ceramic Grill Store for Christmas, leaving more money in the egg pot.

With rumors swirling of the prices going up, come February 1st, I've been worried that SWMBO's mind would change, and there'd be no eggs to be had. So, I bit the bullet and mentioned the price increase, and the fact the gov't was going to hold back itemized returns until March, blah, blah blah. What happened next, was totally unexpected.

I was asked what the hours were at the local BGE dealer. When I asked why, the reply was that "We were going to go down there and get those eggs, before the prices go up!" She was going to pay for the eggs, and I'd just reimburse her, once the tax money came in.

Off to the dealer we went. So we're there, getting the ticket written up, when she looks over and sees a mini. She was like "Oh my God, it is sooooooo cute! How much is it?". The dealer looks it up, and she looks at me and says "That still keeps you plenty under your $1500 limit ... do you want that one, too?"

So, in a few days, we will have in hand not one, not two, but THREE Big Green Eggs!! I guess I will be building tables this weekend!!

For those not familiar with the term, "SWMBO" means "She Who Must Be Obeyed"
BJ (Powhatan, VA)

Comments

• Say hallelujah! I've heard of the "golf gods" but apparently there are "egg gods" also. Congrats on the new family additions.
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    BJ, You have hit the jackpot. Soon you will be grilling and smoking and baking and searing and eating. Making and buying rub and lump and sauce... :laugh:

Good for you all. ;)

Don't forget to get a good camera so you can post pic's. :)
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,796
    congrats!!! i've got a large, small & mini and use and love all three!
  • aemaem Posts: 115
    How much jewelry did you have to buy in return? :whistle:
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Shed farm,

Something tells me you're going to like the set-up. B)

IMG_0120.jpg
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    Very cool post, congrats on the egg hat trick!!
    also, thanks for the new term I am sure i'll find a use for it."SWMBO" :laugh: :laugh:
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    You had better keep a close eye on her cause she a keeper, you're one lucky guy. I know your both going to enjoy being in our Eggland family.

Congratulaions and be sure to tell how much she appreciatd.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,583
    Its not April 1st is it? Cuz if that's an April Fool's story, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. You better keep a tight hold on SWMBO, she's a keeper.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• ShedFarmShedFarm Posts: 499
    No jewelry, just a promise to consider her preferences, when picking out things to egg. ;)
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • Very cool and very congratulations!
  • BigABigA Posts: 1,157
    next time instead of calling your wife SWMBO - just say your wife! IMO - it sounds rediculous when you write a whole write up and refer to her as SWMBO over 2 times, then reference it at the bottom. but congrats on your egg you will love it. :)
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Way to go...nothin like jumpin in with both feet...did we meet at the MetroEggfest?
  • Assuming the rumors are correct, and the price increase includes a SS grid, you'll have to pick up those stainless steel grids - if you so fancy.

I will probably spring for a SS grid for my XL. Can't stand the porcelain coated ones, and the CGS does not have them for the XL.
    Thanks.....
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,449
    I have the same three, you are going to like them....
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

We did meet at the eggfest! In fact, I have pictures of you, making pizzas.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
    Yeah, well ... she was in charge of the money, and the term "wife" can throw some people off on tangents that need not be explored, so I went with it. :whistle:
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    BJ, Keep coming back and take lots of food pic's. Click on the link below and you will see that Grandpas Grub assembled lots of links to help you out. Tim :)

FAQ - Tips & Helpful Information

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1015064&catid=1
    Are you in any of the pics on my website from the event...would be nice to put a face to the name.
    Thankfully, no. I tend to run and hide, when presented with the wrong end of a camera lens.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
    Thank you very much for the links! I've been lurking on here for over a year, so I've got an entire browser folder of links I've saved off.

I'm just glad I'm going to finally be able to put them to use!
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    Me too, but I'm an ugly SOB.
  • PattyOPattyO Posts: 883
    I have a sweat shirt that says She who must be obeyed. I think it is from an old PBS broadcast.I wore it to dog competitions.
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    BJ, Congrats on the family of eggs. You will enjoy the multi egging experience. I've used 3 of my eggs for one meal.
    Take pictures please!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    I like the way SWMBO ROLLS!Congrat's!
  • pcipci Posts: 249
    JACKPOT :) :) :)
  • BeakerBeaker Posts: 293
    Way to go! Sounds like you have a keeper!! Did you assemble it yourself?

050.jpg
    I will be assembling them myself, though I will need help from my brother to lift the large's base and dome into the table. I do have a Pot Lifter to help make it easier.

I'll start with the mini, and work my way up in size from there.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,672
    Much easier than most think,, way to jump in with both feet
  • Oh, you are not! You're a good-lookin 'dude!

Judy
    Judy in San Diego