Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

My Large Egg Table

rprice54rprice54 Posts: 25
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
Okay, wife surprised me (totally) with a BGE for our anniversary. I had drooled over one of my co-workers' eggs a few years ago and decided when my (still very nice) gas grill died I would upgrade to a BGE. Out of left field I got the 'green' light to get one. The next day I brought one home.

I thought about deviating from the standard table, but decided since I could get a cover for the standard table I stuck with the basic design. I just happened to have an 18" square piece of finished granite from our recent basement remodel. They were supposed to keep the sink cutout for me and forgot, and brought me this hunk of granite for me, much bigger than the sink cutout. Too big for a cutting board, I didn't know exactly what I would do with it- until now.

I will probably close the bottom and add a drawer at some point, but right now, I have a HUGE deck box just off to the right where I can keep stuff for now.

I made it out of cedar (pressure treated just didn't sit well with me) but still stained it with Cabot Australian Oil stain. I didn't want to go with Poly because once the finish starts to chip and peal it will be a bear to sand and refinish. With oil- I can just reapply next year.

The slats I made by resawing 2x6 cedar into 3/4 (or a little less) slats on my bandsaw. I added a little taper to the legs to dress it up a bit. I have also added the ceramic feet on the egg after reading around a bit.

Thanks for looking.

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

Comments