Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First Low n Slow

BeakerBeaker Posts: 293
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So after several months of owning a large I finally had a throw down with my self...Learned that you MUST build a good base for the fire. I just dumped it in, and it was the last of the bag, there was lots of small, plenty of medium, very little large pieces. I will also start the fire closer to the vent side next time instead of just in the middle. I had to add lump at hour 19 to finish it. 9 lb Pork Shoulder went on at 530 last night, took it off at 230 this afternoon. 21 hours. Pics of the lump, vent settings, dome temp, and pork temp included. Pics of the Maverick shows the time elapsed. Very moist and tender. I seasoned very lightly since I can always add seasoning after it is done. Did not want to over do it. IMG_8122.jpg;IMG_8123.jpg;IMG_8130.jpg;IMG_8148.jpg;IMG_8154.jpg;IMG_8146.jpg;IMG_8144.jpg;IMG_8143.jpg;IMG_8151.jpg;IMG_8159.jpg;IMG_8188.jpg;IMG_8191.jpg;IMG_8192.jpg

Comments