Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last week's mini tri-tip

Options
Fluffyb
Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did a portion of a tri tip last weekend. There are only two of us, so cutting one in half or thirds and freezing the rest works well for us. Marinated in Stubbs beef marinade for the day. Put it on a 500 degree grid and seared for about 5 minutes a side, then threw on some Crash Hot's made from little yukon gold potatoes and mostly closed the vents. The potatoes were topped with Penzey's Shallot Pepper & sharp cheddar. Let everything go about 15 minutes, pulled the tri tip at 130, closed all vents and left the taters on until the meat was ready to cut. A perfect medium rare to rare and oh so good!

001-57.jpg

003-64.jpg

004-52.jpg

006-48.jpg

And of course a pic of Bella. We have had her 2 weeks tonight and she has been the best little dog. The cats are finally coming around and not hiding under the bed. I was told that other people looked at her and turned her down, cannot imagine why! She cleaned up real nice.

007-51.jpg

Have a great weekend! Rib eye on the menu for tonight.

Comments

• Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    Options
    Beef, taters, Bella....all looking groovy!

Well done all around!
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Options
    Oh Teresa, that looks good enough to eat. Never thought about cutting one in half. There are only two of us, my wife Teresa (i.e. Teri) and myself. Will have to give that a try.

What size BGE did you use for this cook?
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Teresa, Juicy and red...perfect! I love Bella!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Options
    Sorry, I suppose if I had looked more closely at your pictures I would have seen you are using a large.
  • Fluffyb
    Options
    I only have a large, sniff, sniff. Would love to have a small, but one load of charcoal lasts us a long time!
  • Fluffyb
    Options
    Thanks Molly! Isn't she the cutest? We just love her too.
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    Nicely done Teresa. And how could anyone turn her down.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Dayum that looks really good!
    Guess I'd better switch to solid food!! :ohmy: :lol:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Options
    Great colour on the Tri Tip
    Bella looks very happy :)

Shane
  • Judy Mayberry
    Options
    Teresa:

Every picture looked great, especially Bella!

I cut my tri-tip in half too, but AFTER it's cooked, and if it's a tri-tip with a thick high portion in it. I wrap it in foil and freeze it because I cook for one and would have to eat the roast for at least a whole week!

When I use the other portion, I use it unheated to add to a salad, to thin-slice for roast beef sandwiches, or to cut into strips and dunk it into a cream or sour cream-horseradish sauce and eat it as the entree.

LOVE that doggie!

Judy in San Diego
    Judy in San Diego
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Wowwwwwww Teresa that is perfect. Felicidades & Bella is a good name for her