Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

'Loney Fest report - Finally ! (Very pic hvy)

Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
edited 8:23PM in EggHead Forum
Sorry for the delay in posting the 'official' "Loney Fest pics.

I will add a slide show at the end with more pics than the individuals below.

Participants: Mike (Hoss), Adam (Ripnem), Scott (GW), Clark (Misippi Egger), JoJo (Firetruck) and new egger Mike M. (no Handle yet).

The hunting/cooking fest was held for 5 days at this great location.
2d86634a.jpg
4f628997.jpg
2dba45c6.jpg Adam, Mike, Scott, JoJo

The bar (note the gallon jug of 'Shine in the middle):
d5ab46ca.jpg

The Minnesota boys drove 13 hours straight through to get here and brought elk, pheasant and salmon:
9cd62d5c.jpg (Sorry Scott, best shot I had) :)
Food:

Adam fixing up a bowl of Egret's Cowlick Chili I had made a few days before.
c3ffe36b.jpg

Elk burgers
9c9ec438.jpg

Scott teaching JoJo the fine points of making pheasant 'rollups/poppers'.
8c129d3f.jpg

Adam refining Scott's instructions :whistle:
6569124b.jpg
9b9978f1.jpg
88793037.jpg

In the cold, grilling the pheasants:
f72bbeeb.jpg

ffa32b46.jpg
aed81c1e.jpg

Served up: (Scott, Adam, Jody)
d23c78a1.jpg

Scott's "Salmon Pizza" (Look out Zippy, you've got Pie competition) ! :woohoo:
8a163e6c.jpg
66c16d0b.jpg
f7cf4a5b.jpg
62361f1b.jpg

Somebody had to sip the "Apple Pie in a Jar"/Moonshine so it wouldn't spill ! :laugh:
5e944fc5.jpg

Yours truly with a non-endorsement ad for Dizzy Pig !
82168104.jpg

Several Giveaways for the Fest:
9183576a.jpg

RichardFL sent sample of his famous rubs.
daa3eb3a.jpg

Misippi Egger brought Rebel Rub and some 'Hoover's Sauce'.
7f5dd7d5.jpg

Hoss supplied some "Hi-Dollar" sausage. :huh: :laugh: :laugh:
f21d0197.jpg

Also, JoJo brought some great venison sausage seasonings (sorry, but forgot to get a pic).

Adam cooking elk tenderloin.
beac6d4a.jpg
62ba261f.jpg
Plated up with good ole mashed taters:
14dc5908.jpg

Breakfast - Fried up some left over taters in a large CI skillet.
7b11d217.jpg
Followed by scrambled eggs:
ae5cfc69.jpg
Shoved the eggs aside and heated up leftover elk chops.
15d38cf0.jpg
Plated and topped with the Adam's Famous Pheasant Neuberg (the meal we had been waiting for): :woohoo: :woohoo:
a5b39667.jpg

Of course, you've been on the edge of your seat wondering "Where's the 'Loney?". It WAS a 'Loney Fest !! Wait no more:
The biggest chub of 'Loney any of us had ever seen, cut into two pieces (5# original weight). Hoss' paste/rub on and ready to smoke.
69f9cb44.jpg
After 5 hours of low and slow smoke:
a7e07980.jpg
Thick-sliced, more rub and grilled with onions:
70456dfd.jpg
More hot BBQ sauce and the Sammie is born:
efa872cd.jpg
Delish !
3a1d9ee1.jpg

Oh yeah, the hunting:

Killed: - one beaver and 2 bobcats by Misippi Eggerr (the predator slayer)
One possum by Hoss
One cull spike by GW (spike)
Lots of time!

http://s463.photobucket.com/albums/qq360/misippi_egger/1Loney_Fest/?albumview=slideshow

Cheers from Hoss the Bestest Host. Until next year:
e568f31e.jpg

Comments

• HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    You had me nervous when I saw the Nuberg breakfast pics before the 'LONEY! Great pics Clark.Thanks.
    P.S. PLEEEEEASE edit your post and remove that last pic of me.Ya'll ALL know I am much better looking than THAT! :whistle:
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Thanks Clark!! Looks like you all had a really great time!! Just listening to you all on the phone was great, and I knew fun was brewing!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Sorry Hoss, don't know how to edit. :whistle: :whistle: :laugh:
  • It WAS a lot of fun.

I think we would have had more luck with the deer hunting if the winds had not been 15-20 mph most of the days! :ohmy:
    Did you even hunt? :whistle: NO pics, it didn't happen....just saying.. :unsure:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    O.K......It ON! :laugh: Had a great time.Thanks for the pics.
    Adam posted a pic of a couple cats that Clark took.I boiled then braised then roasted the possum I kilt and GW's(spike's) deer was such an embarrasment no one would post it! :whistle: But the SHINE was FINE! ;)
  • Ewwwww
    Did any of you eat'em???
  • Hey Hoss,
    Adam could photo shop you to look a lot like Mel Gibson .... Stike's George Clooney might get jealous,though...
    Why yes!It was Goooo-ood! ;) I took the leftovers and made a 'Loney sauce! B) We call it 'Loney Nuberg ala Bobcat with a possun reduction!!! :P :laugh:
    Oh well,I still look a Helluva lot better than Clark and he was wearing makeup and posing! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Mine was an impromptu shoot! :laugh:
  • Nice pics, Clark
    Of course, your "G" version will get enhanced at the Ice Fest, so you may want to produce the PG-17 version soon --- just sayin' ;)
  • LOL big time

Little Chef will have to get your recipe for the Sunshine / Moonshine Afterparty :o
    B) It is Mitee Tastee! :)
    oh, shut up!!! :laugh: :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    DOW, it'll happen.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    who's makeup... :unsure: :huh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    That looks like a blast!! The food and company had to be good.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
    Oh,he brought his own! :whistle:
    Ya gotta try it! YUMMEE!Served with biscuits,cornbread or Moonshine.Whichever you prefer! :laugh:
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Here it is, DOW :woohoo:

041808_cabin_fever.jpg
  • FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,678
    Nice pics Clark, ;) Thanks for postin
  • EggSimonEggSimon Posts: 422
    looks like a great time !
  • This is one of the funniest threads I've read in a LONG time (there was that one about evil galvanized bolts in raised grids...), and I'm wondering how you could all stand the togetherness for FIVE days!

That "Cabin Fever' poster was a knockout, Hornhonk. It made my day.

Judy in San Diego
    Judy in San Diego
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Looks like ya'll had a great time nd made it out before the nasty weather hit! What happened to the picks of all the ducks hanging?!! I know ya killed a couple as you cooked a few! Nice to get a way for a change isn't it?
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Awesome fest fellas. Hope I can make it next year!
  • Looks like you all had a great time. But my question is are you sure thats a hunting cabin, looks to nice for that. :)
  • Steve, where/how do you find all this S@!T?
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Mike, Pretty nice setup Hoss has there! Much better than any hunting camp I have been involved in. :)
  • Come on, Todd. We got room for plenty more next year!

Gotta bring some Carnivore, though ! :laugh: