Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Maverick ET-732 Is In The House

Options
Gandolf
Gandolf Posts: 906
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My last Christmas present arrived today. The new ET-732. If it works as advertised it'll have some terrific improvements. I've always liked my 73, but am really looking forward to trying this new baby out. If you're waiting for delivery of one, should be there soon! Test run soon. Will post my impressions then.

Comments

• EggZactly
    Options
    I have just had to order off for my 2nd replacement probe within 6 months or so. Prior to that, we had our Maverick unit for several years with no problems. The unit's great, but it seems like the probes might be a little too prone to go T.U.(if you're not in the military, don't ask me to explain that terminology). Has anyone else had a problem with the Maverick probes? They haven't been used under extreme duress, and have been handled with care. When we do high temp cooks we don't use the probe.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    I had a few go bad.I ordered the long,HiTemp ones.No more problems.
  • EggZactly
    Options
    Thanks. I just ordered 2 more of the "regular" Maverick probes from their company directly this past weekend; if they go bad in short order I'll try your suggestion. We never really use the thing for the high temp stuff, but maybe the high temp probes tend to be more rugged or the extra length somehow means there's less stress on the wires. We love our Maverick RediCheck-72 unit, and the unit and remote have performed very well for years. It's only the probe that we've had issues with.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    They are more heavy duty/rugged and the extra length is really nice.